Alzheimer Society of B.C.Organization Type: Health & Medical
Address: 300-828 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 1E2
Contact: Nick Dunn
Our vision is a world without Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, and that world begins with a more dementia-friendly society, where people affected by dementia are acknowledged, supported and included.
We ensure people affected by dementia are not alone, by educating and mobilizing a broader community of care around them, and supporting valuable research into the disease and people living with it.
Our core values
Core values are those fundamental values that we consider necessary to be held, nurtured and developed by the members, employees, directors and volunteers of our organization in order to be effective in achieving our goals.
- Accountability and transparency: We measure our performance, continually improve and are accountable for our actions.
- Collaboration: We are dedicated to collaborating across our communities and amplifying the voices of lived experience to maximize our impact.
- Compassion: We provide caring and supportive assistance to the people we support.
- Courage: We care deeply about our mission and the families we support, motivating us to educate, advocate and inspire others to share their stories and bring dementia out into the open.
- Integrity and respect: We are committed to creating an inclusive, barrier-free environment for our staff, volunteers and the families we support, respecting their diverse backgrounds and meeting them where they are.
Alzheimer Society of B.C.’s Volunteer Opportunities
Contact Alzheimer Society of B.C.
Get Directions300-828 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 1E2