ME|FM Society of BCOrganization Type: Social & Community Services
Address: Box 462, 916 West Broadway Ave. Vancouver, Vancouver, British Columbia BC V5Z 1K7
VOLUNTEER JOB POSTING Position: Marketing & Promotion
Organization Mission Statement
Our society works to help ME and FM patients in British Columbia improve their health and quality of life by providing information about these illnesses, and guidance on how to seek and obtain support, appropriate medical help and treatments. Please see our website for more about our goals and what we do (https://www.mefm.bc.ca/programs).
The ME|FM Society of BC is seeking a volunteer to assist us with our social media presence and contributions to the online community. This role is ideal for someone looking to break into the Marketing and Social Media scene, have an impact in healthcare, and give back to a vulnerable population facing multiple barriers.
We are looking for a creative and social media savvy individual to coordinate the Society’s online activities. Your aim will be to implement a cutting edge social media strategy that raises awareness of Society work, and coordinate the regular management and content creation for the Society’s social media platforms (predominantly Facebook and Website, but we are open to others).
The ME|FM Marketing volunteer will:
- Provide information about services and supports for ME or FM patients on our online platforms
- Promote donation drives annually
- Provide basic education about the illness and resources for the online community
- Create & update a cutting edge social media strategy
- Implement bold, new ideas to raise awareness of the Society’s work
- Maintain a focus on innovative approaches in social media engagement.
This position is ongoing, with no set start or end date, and most of the work can be done remotely. We are looking for a team member who wants to stay and grow with us long term.
- Have interest in or be willinging to learn website management
- Interest in social media content development
- Experience/interest with implementing social media strategies
- An eagerness to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- The ability to respond to communications in a timely manner
- Highly experienced in social media tools and implementation of social media strategies
- Some experience working in social media, communication and marketing related field
- Be 16+ years of age
- Reliable access to a computer & internet
- Individual who enjoys being online & creating content
Role suitable for
- Individuals who have ME or FM
- Individuals who are caregivers for those who have ME or FM
- Individuals who have an interest in working in communications
- Must read training manual and be familiar with the website
- Must sign confidentiality agreement
- Must meet with Administrator (phone) before starting volunteer work
- The position requires approximately 1-2 hours of work per week
Benefits of volunteering include
- Making a difference in people’s lives
- Bringing about social and organizational change
- Developing content to raise awareness for ME|FM and the Society activities
- Ongoing education and development
Please send your Letter of interest to email@example.com letting us know why you are interested in this role and volunteering with the Society.
ME|FM Society of BC’s Volunteer Opportunities
Contact ME|FM Society of BC
Get DirectionsBox 462, 916 West Broadway Ave. Vancouver, Vancouver, British Columbia BC V5Z 1K7