Diabetes (Administrative Assistant, Community Engagement)Organization Name: Diabetes
Opportunity Title: Administrative Assistant, Community Engagement
Category: Administration / Clerical / Office
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: February 1, 2024
End Date: June 30, 2024
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative, clerical and office management support services to the community team. The role will include supporting the staff at Diabetes Canada with our delivery of programs and services that are being offered to persons living with diabetes. The successful candidate will help with the planning, implementation and delivery of our educational and fundraising initiatives. Organize and manage the volunteer base. Join any event committees such as the Pump Couture Fashion Show. Creating marketing content when necessary. Help source and create opportunities for fundraising, secure in-kind donations and assist with researching sponsors. Will oversee the lead-up to the camp month activity project alongside volunteers.
- Actively participate as part of the Diabetes Canada team in events that we host as an organization such as Pump Couture, Camp Month, Let’s Talk Diabetes Presentations.
- Marketing and promotions securing participants, creating posters, social media ads. Creating marketing materials on Canva. Creating Presentation Decks and other sale materials
- Assisting with Main events and Third-Party research opportunities
- Help with securing sponsorships, making cold calls and community asks for fundraising events
- Administrative duties such as data entry, mail solicitation, phone call follow-up, invoicing, photocopying and other duties assigned to the ongoing projects.
- Maintain Volunteer relationships, accounts, and activities with staff assistance. Join team meetings.
- Other support as needed
- Play an integral role in helping us to deliver on our mission to educate and support the health care professionals who care for people living with diabetes
- Have a positive impact on the quality of care for people affected by diabetes
- Enhance administrative, team-work and organizational skills
- Strengthen community relationships
- Support an important cause
- General staff orientation–via video conference
- Online training, self-guided
- Position-specific orientation and training via phone and/or online platform
- Processes & Tools
- Ongoing support as needed
- The Community Engagement Assistant will have the appropriate tools and resources assigned to them to enable them to accomplish the goals of the position.
- IT computer support via phone from National Office during Eastern Standard Time Business Hours.
- Regular check-ins with staff partner to discuss progress, challenges, best-practices, etc.
- Ability to take initiative and be self-directed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Comfortable making telephone calls
- Engaging and outgoing personality to support working with a wide variety of people
- Ability to protect confidential information
- Represent the Diabetes Canada in a professional manner
- A positive, caring, non-judgmental approach with others
- Proficiency in the MS Office excel, word and online resources
- Strong organizational and administration skills
- Driver’s license and access to vehicle would be an asset, but not required.
SCREENING (May Require)
- Application Form
- Reference Check