Latincouver (Business Development Specialist)Organization Name: Latincouver
Opportunity Title: Business Development Specialist
Category: Communications / Marketing / Media
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: May 1, 2019
End Date: July 23, 2019
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
Business Development Specialist
Latincouver Cultural & Business Society – BC
(Paid Internship – May 1, 2019 till July 23, 2019)
Latincouver is a non-profit organization that brings together both Latin Americans and Latin enthusiasts living in BC. Latincouver activities cover a variety of areas like business and culture, creating signature events tailored to connect and empower people.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- To develop unprecedented relationships within Latincouver key accounts
- Play an integral role in new business pitches
- Maintain and build on the existing partners base
- Work plan approach and pitches. Work with the teams within to develop proposals that speak to our potential sponsor/partners`s needs, concerns and objectives, continual follow up and check-ins with our partners to ensure we are bringing in the most up to date info on a project.
- Gather information from our partners/ potential partners and develop good relationships with our potential and current partners and sponsors
- Help with arranging of database of our sponsors and partners.
- Attend industry related functions, such as Association events, tradeshows and conferences, which can be useful for development of Latincouver projects
- Develop new strategies and analyze business trends within Latincouver to report back where we need to look at for future growth.
- Promote the brand of Latincouver throughout different sectors and markets
- Complete reporting as required by the management team
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Promote opportunities for Latino immigrants to develop English language skills, learn about Canada’s labour market, network and develop professional and social networks through the Latin-Canadian Professional Network program from Latincouver
- Facilitate connections between job seekers, newcomers and students and influential entrepreneurs in the local community
- 20-30 years old
- Citizenship, PR or refugee status holder
- University or college in business administration, project management or other relevant discipline is a plus
- Experience in event planning/business development is a plus
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills both in public and customers relationship maintenance
- Deal effectively with non-routine matters and coordinate various activities
- Take responsibility, problem solve and make independent decisions
- Ability to work cooperatively and to coordinate with a variety of individuals both within and outside the organization in a supportive and efficient team environment
- Cross-cultural competence and sensitivity
- Knowledge in Latino American culture and Spanish or Portuguese are an asset
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, fulfil client requests on short notice, work on multiple tasks and adapt to change
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Drive
- Reference letter upon completion to upgrade your resume
- Expand your professional contacts through Latincouver’s rich network
- Feedback on your learning progress
- Be part of a fun professional staff team
- Learn new skills and an opportunity to practice different languages.
- Salary: 13.85 CAD per hour/30 hours per week/16 weeks.
How to Apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to the email email@example.com or fill out the application on our website and check out the many possibilities you can have with us.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions406-68 Water Street
Other Latincouver Volunteer Opportunities
Category: Other Positions
Description: About the event At Latincouver empowering people has always been one of our priorities. The Inspirational Latin Awards is our way of promoting and fostering the spirit of unity …Read More
Other Communications / Marketing / Media Volunteer Opportunities
Description: To assist the volunteer board of directors with social media posts and website updating