Latincouver (Business Development Specialist)Organization Name: Latincouver
Opportunity Title: Business Development Specialist
Category: Communications / Marketing / Media
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: May 1, 2019
End Date: July 23, 2019
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
Business Development Specialist
Latincouver Cultural & Business Society – BC
(Paid Internship – May 1, 2019 till July 23, 2019)
Latincouver is a non-profit organization that brings together both Latin Americans and Latin enthusiasts living in BC. Latincouver activities cover a variety of areas like business and culture, creating signature events tailored to connect and empower people.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- To develop unprecedented relationships within Latincouver key accounts
- Play an integral role in new business pitches
- Maintain and build on the existing partners base
- Work plan approach and pitches. Work with the teams within to develop proposals that speak to our potential sponsor/partners`s needs, concerns and objectives, continual follow up and check-ins with our partners to ensure we are bringing in the most up to date info on a project.
- Gather information from our partners/ potential partners and develop good relationships with our potential and current partners and sponsors
- Help with arranging of database of our sponsors and partners.
- Attend industry related functions, such as Association events, tradeshows and conferences, which can be useful for development of Latincouver projects
- Develop new strategies and analyze business trends within Latincouver to report back where we need to look at for future growth.
- Promote the brand of Latincouver throughout different sectors and markets
- Complete reporting as required by the management team
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Promote opportunities for Latino immigrants to develop English language skills, learn about Canada’s labour market, network and develop professional and social networks through the Latin-Canadian Professional Network program from Latincouver
- Facilitate connections between job seekers, newcomers and students and influential entrepreneurs in the local community
- 20-30 years old
- Citizenship, PR or refugee status holder
- University or college in business administration, project management or other relevant discipline is a plus
- Experience in event planning/business development is a plus
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills both in public and customers relationship maintenance
- Deal effectively with non-routine matters and coordinate various activities
- Take responsibility, problem solve and make independent decisions
- Ability to work cooperatively and to coordinate with a variety of individuals both within and outside the organization in a supportive and efficient team environment
- Cross-cultural competence and sensitivity
- Knowledge in Latino American culture and Spanish or Portuguese are an asset
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, fulfil client requests on short notice, work on multiple tasks and adapt to change
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Drive
- Reference letter upon completion to upgrade your resume
- Expand your professional contacts through Latincouver’s rich network
- Feedback on your learning progress
- Be part of a fun professional staff team
- Learn new skills and an opportunity to practice different languages.
- Salary: 13.85 CAD per hour/30 hours per week/16 weeks.
How to Apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to the email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the application on our website and check out the many possibilities you can have with us.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions406-68 Water Street
Other Latincouver Volunteer Opportunities
Other Communications / Marketing / Media Volunteer Opportunities
Description: The Federation of Canadian Artists is looking to find a passionate volunteer to assist the Gallery Coordinator at our volunteer events, art openings, and administrative tasks.