Community Arts Council of Vancouver (Board of Directors and Committee Members Recruitment)Organization Name: Community Arts Council of Vancouver
Opportunity Title: Board of Directors and Committee Members Recruitment
Category: Other Positions
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: November 29, 2019
End Date: November 29, 2021
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
Community Arts Council of Vancouver (CACV) was the first arts council in North America and will celebrate its 75th Anniversary in 2021. Since 1946, CACV has been a contributor to shaping the cultural life of Vancouver through development of the Queen Elizabeth Playhouse Theatre, City of Vancouver Archives, UBC School of Music, Museum of Vancouver, Vancouver International Film Festival, The Opheum and others. CACV is an independent non-profit charitable organization, unaffiliated with any government department.
VISION and MISSION
Our vision is of a socially-engaged, inclusive, and vibrant city alive with community arts.
Our mission is to further the development of community arts throughout Vancouver.
Community arts is made by, with, for, and because of people sharing a sense of community, with the support of professional artists. Please consider joining the CACV Board and help us expand the community arts in Vancouver.
CACV programs address social exclusion and accessibility of creative opportunities, Indigenous and non-Indigenous relationships, and sustainability in the arts sector including Reframing Relations, Vancouver Outsider Arts Festival, Community Arts Network – GATHER, and Artist in Residence partnering with John Howard Society of the Lower Mainland.
CACV completed a new 3-year strategic plan in 2019, including a comprehensive capacity enhancement plan.
BENEFITS AND OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE TO NEW BOARD MEMBERS:
- Networking and engaging with like minded people interested in contributing to the further development of community arts in Vancouver.
- Opportunity to contribute to an organization which helped to develop the arts in Vancouver.
- Opportunity to liaise with and build partnerships with other organizations in the arts sector.
- Enhance your current skills and pursue other areas of interest in the arts for professional and personal development.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of CACV
- Serve on the Board and one of the Committees: Fund Development, Programs, Membership/Communications, Governance/Board Development/HR
- Engage in fundraising activities and community partnerships
- Attend special events as required, act as an ambassador for CACV to external stakeholders
- Time Commitment: Approximately 5 to 10 hours per month depending on the level of Committee work. Board meetings scheduled 9 to 10 times per year, Committee meetings held at the discretion of the Committee Chair.
- Previous Board experience and/or the skills and experience to augment the current Board members skills
- Experience, skills and interest in the committee areas: Fund Development (fundraising, grant writing); Programs (community arts programming planning); Membership/Communications (social media, marketing and communications); Governance/Board Development/HR (community engagement, board governance, government relations; arts administration).
To learn more about our organization, visit www.cacv.ca.
CACV is committed to inclusivity, diversity, accessibility, and equity, throughout our organization and the community it serves.
Please send your cover letter and resume by Friday, November 15, 2019, sent as an attachment with the subject “Attention: CACV Board Application,” to Valerie Smaller, Board President email: email@example.com.
Including the following information:
- Reason for submitting an application to join CACV’s Board
- Details of specific interests in arts and culture, specifically community arts
- Summary of volunteer and work experience
- Statement re: what you would personally like to contribute to the development of community arts in Vancouver based on current knowledge, experience or simply a great idea you are interested in pursuing!
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions440-111 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 1H4
Other Community Arts Council of Vancouver Volunteer Opportunities
Category: Boards / Committee / Leadership
Description: Community Arts Council of Vancouver (CACV) was the first arts council in North America. Since its beginning in 1946, the Community Arts Council of Vancouver has been a contributor to shaping …Read More
Other Other Positions Volunteer Opportunities
Description: SENIORS ACTING UP IS SEEKING A VOLUNTEER DIRECTOR/ADMINISTRATOR TO WORK WITH A GROUP OF EXPERIENCED SENIORS WHO PERFORM VARIETY SHOWS AT VARIOUS VENUES THROUGHOUT THE LOWER …Read More