Chinese Community Policing Centre (Chinese Community Policing Center – Graffiti Cleaning Volunteer)Organization Name: Chinese Community Policing Centre
Opportunity Title: Chinese Community Policing Center – Graffiti Cleaning Volunteer
Category: Social and Community Service
Commitment: 6 months to 1 year
Start Date: July 1, 2022
End Date: May 1, 2099
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
CCPC – Graffiti Cleaning Volunteer
44 E Pender St, Vancouver V6A 1T1
2 hours / Weekly
At least 6 months or longer
We are looking to hire a diverse group of compassionate and dedicated individuals to join our GRAFFITI REMOVAL VOLUNTEER TEAM. The Chinese Community Policing Centre is a non-profit organization that works in partnership with organizations to bridge the gap with local communities. Some organizations that the CCPC is partnered with include the Vancouver Police Department, City of Vancouver, ICBC, and others to make possible the support services we offer.
The Graffiti Removal Project will involve the collaborative efforts of staff and volunteers to help clean up a part of the Chinatown area. We hope that through these efforts, the Chinese Community Policing Centre can build better relations with local merchants, residents and neighbors to foster a safe, healthy and supportive community.
The following are the volunteers’ requirements and responsibilities:
2 hours per week. 4 times per month (Totalling 8 hours per month).
Flexible schedule as long as is within our office hours: Monday-Saturday, 10AM-4PM.
**The Graffiti Removal Team operates on the availability of volunteers and is weather permitting.
- 18 years old and above
- Complete Vancouver Police Department Criminal Record Check
- Comfortable working outside for two hours in all weather conditions
- Considerate and compassionate
- Able to lift or pull at least 15 pounds
- Previous volunteer or work experience related to graffiti removal
- Customer service experience
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to speak a second language
- Cantonese or Mandarin
- Others (specify)
- Submit application form to firstname.lastname@example.org (with 3 professional references)
- Reference checks
- In-person interview
- Vancouver Police Department Police Criminal Record Check
- Orientation and training provided to successful applicants
Why should you volunteer for this opportunity?
- Passionate on supporting local and diverse communities
- Building connections with like-minded individuals and organizations
- General reference letter provided (volunteers need to be active for at least 6 months)
Join us today or email us to inquire! We would love to learn more about you.
If you are interested, please download and fill in our application form. Email the form to email@example.com and we will get in touch with you soon.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions44 E Pender St
Other Chinese Community Policing Centre Volunteer Opportunities
Other Social and Community Service Volunteer Opportunities
Description: IODE women are Interested, Organized, Determined and Enthusiastic. IODE members feel needed and valued. Welcome! As a member, you will …Read More
Description: Have you always wanted to create change in your community? Do you want to connect with young people in your city? We got you! RISE is …Read More
Description: Next Stop Canada (NSC) is an online portal that provides online settlement support, learning opportunities, and mentorship to youth and …Read More
Description: We need amazing people to volunteer at our Food Hubs. We need people to sort, pack, and deliver food for individuals and families of JFS …Read More
Description: Calling all newcomer youth in Vancouver! The Youth Leadership Millennium program (YLM) at S.U.C.C.E.S.S is open to registrations for 2022 …Read More