http://www.providencehealthcare.org/volunteers (Chapel Volunteers)Organization Name: http://www.providencehealthcare.org/volunteers
Opportunity Title: Chapel Volunteers
Category: Health / Medical
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: April 15, 2019
End Date: April 15, 2020
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
Chapel volunteers help to invite and accompany residents to our weekly (on site) Catholic Mass. Volunteers are given a list of names of residents who would like to attend and who need volunteers to push them in their wheelchairs to the chapel on the main floor. Volunteers also hand out prayer sheets as needed and, after the service, help residents back to their rooms.
- Able to assist elders who have physical and/or cognitive challenges.
- Physically capable of pushing elders in wheelchairs and carrying out physical tasks as required.
- Able to communicate well in verbal and written English.
- Friendly, reliable, patient and respectful.
- Able to follow direction and enjoy teamwork.
- Willingness to listen, learn and develop effective ways to interact with elders.
- Sincere interest in the spiritual needs of elders.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions255 West 62nd Avenue Vancouver BC V5X 4V4
Other http://www.providencehealthcare.org/volunteers Volunteer Opportunities
Other Health / Medical Volunteer Opportunities
Description: St. Vincent’s: Brock Fahrni is home to 148 seniors. We provide care for seniors who require a broad range of medical and personal support to cope with the activities of daily living. Some of …Read More