CISV (CISV Vancouver is looking for exited, engaged 21+ leaders!)Organization Name: CISV
Opportunity Title: CISV Vancouver is looking for exited, engaged 21+ leaders!
Category: Children & Youth
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: January 21, 2019
End Date: January 1, 2020
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
We are in need of some incredible adults (minimum aged 21, as of July 2019) to lead our delegations and enjoy the experience of a lifetime!
WHO MAKES A GREAT LEADER?
– enjoys volunteering;
– believes in CISV’s core values of cultural understanding, peace education and sustainable development;
– loves to work with youth;
– is positive, energy, empathic and creative;
– wants to travel and meet new people;
– is eager to learn more about the world;
– wants to make a difference in the lives of young people.
NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. We carefully select leader candidates based on many different factors, but they do not have to have experience as a camp leader or educator. We welcome anyone into our CISV family and we will match them with their perfect role, while providing all of the training they need. Also, leaders have ZERO expenses – which makes volunteering with us simple and cost-free.
Leaders can simply get involved locally, or apply to travel with a delegation of 4 youth to any of the following 2019 programs:
1. Village (11 yr olds): Kansai, Japan – July 28 to Aug 24
2. Village (11 yr olds): Mexico City – July 5 to Aug 1
3. Step up (14 yr olds): Costa Rica – winter program – Dec 27, 2019 to Jan 18, 2020
4. Step up (15 yr olds): London, Ontario – July 5 to July 27
Do you know any great potential leaders??
Teachers, child & youth workers, sport coaches, university students all make great leaders. There is no maximum age though! Parents can be leaders too if their kids are traveling over the summer! (Note: family members will never be matched together in a delegation).
IF YOU CAN THINK OF ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED, please forward this email to them and encourage them to apply ASAP!
HOW TO APPLY?
1. Email a letter of interest to me (email@example.com) as soon as possible! Please explain why you think you’d be a great leader and which age group you’d prefer to work with and why.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity