Young Women in Business (Community Development Coordinator)Organization Name: Young Women in Business
Opportunity Title: Community Development Coordinator
Category: Social and Community Service
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: June 10, 2019
End Date: June 10, 2020
The Community Development Coordinator acts as a liaison and key point of contact between YWiB Vancouver and its community of members. This position will assist in the brainstorming and implementation of campaigns and avenues to connect with potential and current members; identify the needs of current members and work to pair them with one another, the ExecutiveTeam and YWiB Vancouver’s extended network; and manage the Spotlight Series, a campaign focused promoting our Members and Execs.
You: Passionate about connecting with new people, fostering community and YWiBVancouver’s mission. You understand the importance of relationships, professional development and enjoy community building and creating harmony and value for others.
- Actively prospect and build relationships with new and existing members
- Provide Member Relations team with insights into Member needs to inform strategy
- Work with Social Media Coordinator – Member Relations to promote membership valueproposition and curate content to meet market demand
- Lead Spotlight Series – a marketing campaign focused on promoting the YWiBVancouver Exec team and members. Identify interested parties, engage other Execs as
necessary and develop blog posts or other media to promote series.
- Connect members with one another and Execs to foster community
- Other tasks and projects as necessary to build community, increase member and driveengagement.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong, engaging and professional communication skills (both oral and written)
- Demonstrate project management and organizational skills
- Strategic self-starter keen to build a community
- Customer service experience
- CRM experience is an asset but not required
Benefits you’ll gain:
- Access to a network of business leaders as a YWiB Executive
- Opportunity to develop your ability to communicate with purpose
- Learn to achieve measurable results
- Be the face of YWiB in the business community
This volunteer position requires a one year commitment with a weekly commitment of 10 hours/week and must attend our all-team meetings (every 1st Monday). Please submit a resume to Vancouver.email@example.com with the subject line“Community Builder – Your Name”.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get DirectionsVancouver, British Columbia
Other Young Women in Business Volunteer Opportunities
Category: Communications / Marketing / Media
Description: Summary: The Social Media Coordinator will contribute to the creation of a Marketing and Social Media strategy for the overall YWiB Vancouver Chapter. You: You are passionate about …Read More
Category: Administration / Clerical / Office
Description: Are you looking for a way to have a positive impact on how companies support the community? Looking to develop your relationship building and negotiation skills? The Corporate Relations …Read More
Other Social and Community Service Volunteer Opportunities
Description: Help make our community an even safer and better place to live and work by joining our team of volunteers. Develop community contacts. Learn new skills (training provided by the Vancouver …Read More