www.wechcpc.com (Community Engagement Program volunteer)Organization Name: www.wechcpc.com
Opportunity Title: Community Engagement Program volunteer
Category: Social and Community Service
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: November 15, 2021
End Date: November 15, 2023
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
As a volunteer in this program you participate in outdoor activities that bring awareness for local and provincial initiatives, improve the feeling of personal safety, and decrease the likelihood of crime. Duties include:
– Assisting with event preparation by assembling and packing brochures and other giveaways items.
– Helping transport event supplies to the event site, set up, and tear down WECHCPC activation.
– Raising awareness of WECHCPC programs and initiatives by participating in community neighborhood events.
– Providing information and referrals to the public while at events.
– Conducting family-friendly obstacle courses and observe all safety regulations.
– Creating Child Find ID kits for young children in accordance with the Child Find BC practices.
– Facilitating registration of bicycles in anti-theft programs in accordance with Project 529 practices.
– Promoting crime prevention and personal safety initiatives of the WECHCPC and VPD.
– Leaving behind a clean event site by removing and disposing of all garbage/recycling and adhere to the City of Vancouver Zero Waste initiative as closely as possible.
– Assisting with returning event supplies to the organization, tallying up all brochures and other giveaways items, and maintaining a tidy workspace.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions1267 Davie Street
Other www.wechcpc.com Volunteer Opportunities
Other Social and Community Service Volunteer Opportunities
Description: Do you want to create change in your community? Connect with other young people and other community organization in your city? We got …Read More
Description: Gather Oral Histories to Foster Empathy and Build your Podcasting Skills. ***Application Deadline Extended to December 8, …Read More