GLOCAL Foundation of Canada (Research and Community Outreach Volunteer)Organization Name: GLOCAL Foundation of Canada
Opportunity Title: Research and Community Outreach Volunteer
Category: Social and Community Service
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: September 25, 2020
End Date: December 31, 2020
- Appropriate for youth (i.e., less than 18)
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Work closely with GLOCAL Research Analysts and supervisors to gather, enter, and analyse data on political representatives at municipal level.
- Conduct research and understand the political environment of the province. This includes but not limited to research on local issues, provincial policy concerns and regional politics.
- Provide support in GLOCAL’s social media engagement, create infographics and produce short videos on social causes.
- Assist in community engagement and outreach at local level.
Special arrangements can be made for online group volunteering with collaborative tasks for schoolers.
Successful applicants will have the following qualifications:
- Good oral and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- A passion for creative writing, community engagement and partnerships development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Strong intercultural understanding.
- Ability to meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced, flexible working environment.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Professionalism, punctuality, and reliability.
Hours Per Week:
- This is a remote role and the volunteer is expected to dedicate 5-10hrs/week.
- Accommodation for flexible start date can be made.
- A minimum of 3 months commitment is required.
The successful candidate will work with the executive team of the Foundation. Ongoing support and mentorship will be offered by the Manager to ensure holistic development of the volunteer in capacities relevant to the job. A weekly meeting will be scheduled for the student to receive support and direction, as well as targeted opportunities and guidance for personal growth and development, such as future career planning. We aim to make this a comprehensive learning experience for the interns.
The volunteer will gain professional skills in research, business development, strategic planning, grants applications, communication, and leadership.
- Send one-page cover letter and resume in one file to email@example.com
- Provide 2 References:
- Name, title and contact information (email and phone number) for two references.
- Subject Line: ‘Volunteer application – Your Province – Your Full Name – Date of Your Application’
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions450 Southwest Marine Drive, 18th Floor
Other GLOCAL Foundation of Canada Volunteer Opportunities
Other Social and Community Service Volunteer Opportunities
Description: CNIB is a registered charity, passionately providing community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, …Read More
Description: Interested in volunteering in a one-on-one setting? CNIB’s Vision Mate program might be the right for you! Once a week for two hours, Vision Mate volunteers are “matched” to an individual …Read More