This volunteer opportunity has expired!
Canadian Cancer Society – Richmond (Cops for Cancer – Community Engagement Lead – Cops for Cancer Community Dinner)Organization Name: Canadian Cancer Society – Richmond
Opportunity Title: Cops for Cancer – Community Engagement Lead – Cops for Cancer Community Dinner
Category: Communications / Marketing / Media
Commitment: Less than 6 months, 6 months to 1 year
Start Date: April 18, 2019
End Date: May 20, 2019
- Training or orientation required
The Canadian Cancer Society is a national community based organization of volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of quality of life of people living with cancer.
The Richmond Cops for Cancer Annual Dinner is a community event in its 13th year that supports the Canadian’s Cops for Cancer program. Each year, over 100 law enforcement and emergency services personnel from across BC cycle hundreds of kilometers to help fund support programs for children with cancer like Camp Goodtimes and research on childhood cancers. Over the last 12 years, the Richmond Cops for Cancer Dinner has raised over $200,000 towards the fight against childhood cancer!
Getting involved is your chance to take part in this very special and unique event while making a big impact for children and their families facing a cancer diagnosis.
The Richmond Cops for Cancer Community Dinner
will take place on Wednesday September 25, 2019
The Canadian Cancer Society is currently seeking an outgoing and personable Community Engagement Lead for the 2019 Richmond Community Dinner Committee.
The Community Engagement Lead will be responsible for the event’s outreach initiative focusing on recruiting sponsors, auction prize donors or supporters and engaging the community to encourage ticket sales and event revenue. They will work closely with the rest of the committee and use their own network to connect with local businesses and influencers across the region.
We welcome people of all backgrounds, abilities and interests.
- Professional development particularly in event planning, communication, team building
- Engagement with an exciting and motivated committee and build an event that reflects the interests of your community
- Contributing to the organization’s vision of creating a world where no Canadian fears cancer
- Expanding your professional and personal network
- A sense of accomplishment and involvement upon seeing your committee and your community come together
- Manage the engagement list of businesses, community groups, and other key supporters
- Work with the committee to connect with local influencers and the community to promote the event, and encourage attendance and involvement
- Work with the committee to organize an engagement calendar leading up to the event
- Create and maintain a work back schedule and execution timeline
- Participate in Volunteer Orientation and Event Debrief
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Local Professional who is familiar with the Richmond Community
- Proven success team leadership – especially in organizing public outreach
- Experience in volunteerism, personal or professional fundraising, sales, and/or communications, and event execution
- Strong project management skills with ability to anticipate problems and develop appropriate solutions
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills including the confidence to provide feedback and guidance
Volunteers must be at least 19 years of age for this position due to the scope of the role and responsibilities.
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Volunteer Handbook: provided by the Volunteer Engagement team
- Role-specific training: with the addition of online resources available for review
- Meetings with the Committee Chair and support from other committee members
- 2-4 hours/week with a higher level of commitment from June – September
- Regular attendance at monthly committee meetings
- Ability to respond to emails/requests within a reasonable timeframe (12 – 24 hours)
- Attendance to the event on September 25, 2019 as well as assistance with final details, set-up and tear-down on the days leading to.
- Microsoft Office skills must be at least Intermediate
- This activity occurs between Friday, March 29, 2019 and Monday, September 30, 2019
Get Directions285-7000 Minoru Blvd, Richmond, BC V6Y 3Z5
Other Canadian Cancer Society – Richmond Volunteer Opportunities
Other Communications / Marketing / Media Volunteer Opportunities
Description: To assist the volunteer board of directors with social media posts and website updating
Description: The Federation of Canadian Artists is looking to find a passionate volunteer to assist the Gallery Coordinator at our volunteer events, art openings, and administrative tasks.