Young Women in Business (YWIB) (Corporate Relations Coordinator)Organization Name: Young Women in Business (YWIB)
Opportunity Title: Corporate Relations Coordinator
Category: Boards / Committee / Leadership
Commitment: 6 months to 1 year
Start Date: January 1, 2019
End Date: December 31, 2022
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
Who we Are
Young Women in Business is a community for emerging female leaders and young professionals who want to create their own success.
We believe every women and young professional stepping into the workforce or growing in their career should be well equipped with the proper set of tools and knowledge to reach their fullest personal and professional potential.
We provide young women and professionals with events, programs and an engaged network of ambitious women, to help them become successful in their careers, take on new challenges and develop skills.
The Corporate Relations (CR) Coordinator will work closely with our Director of Corporate Relations in overseeing all external YWiB relationships. This includes supporting all existing chapters and working with them to identify needs, priorities and create an overarching Corporate Relations Strategy.
We Are Looking for You:
You understand the importance of community support and enjoy linking organizations in the community with opportunities to connect in meaningful partnerships. You’re not afraid to do some cold‐calling and thrive building connections as an ambassador.
What you will be Doing:
- Serve as first point of contact for all City & University chapters CR requests, questions, and concerns.
- Work with the Director of CR to develop and execute CR strategy to meet monetary and in‐kind needs for all chapters.
- Identify, pursue and negotiate partnerships and relationships with potential sponsors and partner businesses.
- Maintain and coordinate partnerships with current YWiB sponsors in collaboration with City & University chapters.
- Support the Director of CR in developing and training YWiB chapter CR executives on all appropriate policies, systems, and procedures.
- Track, monitor and evaluate progress towards both short‐term and long‐term CR & sponsorship goals.
- Act as an ambassador for YWiB, addressing inquiries and concerns from external stakeholders with professionalism and tact.
What we Are Looking For:
- 1‐3 years of volunteer or work experience with a background in Communications, Marketing and/or Fundraising.
- Experience with cold calling, marketing, sales and/or fundraising. Previous experience
working with partners, sponsors and stakeholders to meet organizational needs is required.
- Experience writing proposals and sponsorship request letters is an asset.
- You’ll be great at this job if you are: an excellent communicator with an eye for details, love working with people, have a go‐getter attitude, love meeting deadlines and enjoy defining your own role and responsibilities.
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of your resume with the subject line “Your Name – Corporate Relations Coordinator”
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Other Young Women in Business (YWIB) Volunteer Opportunities
Category: Communications / Marketing / Media
Description: POSITION SUMMARY We want to leverage the Young Women in Business (YWiB) brand and reputation to help us strengthen our existing relationships and build new ones. We’re eager to shape …Read More
Other Boards / Committee / Leadership Volunteer Opportunities
Description: We are looking for volunteers to participate in our bi-monthly fundraisers throughout Vancouver and the lower mainland. Volunteers will be required to Promote the Visionary 21 Organization …Read More
Description: The Board of Directors of The Friends of Jericho Arts Centre Society (FOJACS), is seeking a qualified volunteer to serve as the Board’s Treasurer. FOJACS is the not-for-profit society that …Read More