Community Evolution (Digital Marketing Volunteer)Organization Name: Community Evolution
Opportunity Title: Digital Marketing Volunteer
Category: Communications / Marketing / Media
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: June 8, 2020
End Date: May 31, 2050
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
Community Evolution (CE) is a non-profit organization, founded in 2015. Our mission is to enable community-based enterprises (eg. co-operatives) to develop, grow and create positive change for its members and surrounding community. We offer a customized, facilitated process that combines community mobilization and capacity building with financial mechanisms (grants or loans) to empower and sustain community development. We currently support enterprises in Bolivia, Ecuador, and Canada (British Columbia).
CE is seeking a volunteer to create, optimize and manage online ad campaigns using Google Ads and social media sites. The Digital Marketing expert will increase awareness and drive traffic to our website and fundraising initiatives. The volunteer will be responsible for campaign creation, implementation and optimization, including keyword discovery, drafting ad copy, campaign monitoring, and reporting.
- Create, maintain and optimize CE’s Google Ad Grant and social media campaigns
- Keep our social media channels updated on a frequent basis
- Encourage others to comment on our posts and share them with others
- Ensure that communication reaches a wide range of local stakeholders and diverse audience
- Generate ideas for new campaigns, draft ad copy and test landing pages
- Conduct keyword research
- Analyze keyword search volumes to identify new keyword opportunities
- Help optimize ads for CTR and conversion
- Use analytics to ensure campaigns are targeting the optimum demographics
- Create reports on campaign success and present these to the team lead
- Devise strategies to drive online traffic to organization website and fundraising initiatives
- 1-5 years of experience in building out digital marketing campaigns using Google’s Ad Grant and social media sites
- In-depth knowledge of how to create, improve, manage, execute campaigns
- Clear understanding of words, phrases, and industry metrics including CPC, CTR, Quality Score etc. which highlight our unique value proposition, and set us apart from the competition
- Skill at word choice for marketing, and at creating concise advertising phrases
- Interest in working with qualitative and quantitative analysis for SEM reporting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Interest in nonprofit work, food security and philanthropy
- Full support of the mission and vision of Community Evolution
- Able to work a minimum of 10 hours per month from home
- Willing to assist with projects, campaigns outside of scheduled hours as needed
What’s in it for me?
- Opportunity to gain hands-on experience with managing our $10,000 monthly Google Ad Grant
- Influence and enhance CE social media channels
- Participate in positive social impact with community enterprises during COVID-19 crisis
- Develop valuable portfolio
Application Deadline: June 5, 2020
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Marketing Volunteer” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
We acknowledge that Community Evolution’s work is primarily performed on unceded Indigenous land belonging to the Coast Salish Peoples including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. We acknowledge further that reconciliation is work and we are ready to do our part in service to First Nations on unceded territories across the Province of British Columbia.
Community Evolution is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations.
Community Evolution’s vision is “A world where people work together to build sustainable and empowered communities.”
For more information please visit: Community Evolution’s website: https://communityevolution.org/
Community Evolution’s Blog: https://communityevolution.org/blog/
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CommunityEvolutionFoundation/
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directionsc/o ILSC 525 Dunsmuir Street Vancouver BC
Other Community Evolution Volunteer Opportunities
Other Communications / Marketing / Media Volunteer Opportunities
Description: The Federation of Canadian Artists is looking to find a passionate volunteer to assist the Gallery Coordinator at our volunteer events, art openings, and administrative tasks.