Young Women in Business (YWIB) (Director, Marketing & Communications)Organization Name: Young Women in Business (YWIB)
Opportunity Title: Director, Marketing & Communications
Category: Professional Opportunities
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: October 13, 2021
End Date: December 31, 2021
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
YWiB has an awesome brand and reputation. We want to leverage this to help us strengthen our existing relationships as well as build new ones. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Director of Marketing & Communications oversees the external and internal marketing and communication activities of the organization.
The Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all YWiB communication and marketing initiatives. This includes liaising with all existing chapters, creating resources as well as overseeing the training and
support of chapter marketing, communication and website portfolios. The Director of Marketing & Communications ensures that the development of new materials from city and university chapters meet YWiB branding, marketing and communication guidelines and standards.
Creating the outgoing messaging for YWiB and the creative is always a fun challenge. The Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for the following:
• Serve as the first point of contact for all city and university chapters regarding marketing,
communication and website feedback, questions, and concerns.
• Develop and execute internal (includes National, city and university chapter executives and
members) and external (includes sponsors, partners, potential members, and the public at large) marketing and communication strategies to address both National and chapter-specific needs, effectively enhancing YWiB’s image and position across Canada.
• Develop and train chapter executives on all appropriate policies and procedures and provide
support and resources as to chapters across Canada.
• Manage and maintain social media accounts including content creation.
• Compiling metrics and measurable data points:
o To understand marketing platforms and campaign performances and adjusting content
and tactics as necessary.
o To understand webpage performance and adjust content as necessary.
o To understand social media platforms performance and adjust content and tactics as
• Develop and document marketing, communications and website processes and resources to
help chapters with marketing initiatives and platforms.
• Develop templates for various types of communications that may be needed by National and
• Ensure that all marketing and communications content (both digital and print) pushed out by chapters meets YWiB brand guidelines.
• Ensure that any National-level sponsorship marketing obligations are appropriately fulfilled.
• Coordinate media interest and respond appropriately; ensure regular contact with target media.
• Identify, pursue and negotiate marketing partnerships and relationships with potential
• Attend monthly meetings including but not limited to:
o YWiB National team.
o All chapter presidents.
• Oversee and coordinate meetings with YWiB National Marketing & Communications team to obtain regular updates on team member progress.
• Oversee and provide guidance, advice and mentorship to YWiB National Marketing &
Communications team members to help them develop new skills and grow professionally.
• Completion of a post-secondary degree in Communications, Journalism and/or Public Relations.
• 2-4 years of volunteer or work experience preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in leading a team.
• Experience with social media, marketing, and brand strategy.
• Ability to handle difficult situations and have difficult conversations, as well as handle ambiguity.
• An empathetic person, good listener and able to critically assess situations in a fair manner.
• Proactive, problem solver, self-starter with a go-getter attitude.
• Enjoys defining your own role and responsibilities.
• Love working with people, meeting deadlines, a patient person and interested in mentoring
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
• Highly organized, ability to work independently, prioritize and multitask.
HOW TO APPLY
This volunteer position requires a minimum one-year commitment. Time commitment will vary depending on current projects from to 5 to 8 hours per week including monthly meetings.
Please submit a resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Director of Marketing & Communications
– Your Name”
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity