Roedde House Museum (Docent/Tour Guide)Organization Name: Roedde House Museum
Opportunity Title: Docent/Tour Guide
Category: Heritage / Museums
Commitment: 6 months to 1 year, Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: February 27, 2018
End Date: August 1, 2018
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
Do you enjoy Vancouver’s history and working with others? We have a volunteer opportunity for you!
Roedde House Museum is a heritage house museum in Vancouver’s West End.
The house is a Queen Anne revival style home built by Francis Rattenbury in 1893 for Gustav Roedde and his family.
Roedde House Museum is run as a threefold facility:
– Provide a bilingual museum with guided tours, tea + tour on Sundays, and active school programs.
– An intimate community venue for concerts, programs, rentals, films, etc.
– A rental facility for small weddings and receptions.
Join our volunteer staff for an opportunity to lead group or individual tours.
Our audience ranges from children to seniors, local and international.
You can may choose to help host our special events as well.
Training is fully provided.
Individuals with all passions are welcome!
– Carrying out opening and closing duties thoroughly.
– Handling cash safely and accurately.
– Providing general touristic information to visitors aside from the museum tour.
– Providing assistance with events, programs, and concerts optional but preferred.
– Maintaining cleanliness of heritage house.
– Volunteers are expected to commit to a regular docent shift, on either weekly or biweekly basis.
– Being a great Vancouver ambassador, host, and community supporter!
– Reliable and punctual – organised schedule.
– Personable, responsible, and flexible.
– Confident with public speaking and meeting new people is key.
– Strong English communication and presentation skills is key.
– Interest in museum operations and Vancouver’s history, heritage, and/or architecture.
– Prior museum + gallery experience is an asset.
– Additional languages is an asset
– Trainees will do 2-3 shadow shifts (or until comfortable) with fabulous experienced docents.
– Written materials + information guides are provided as part of the training package.
– Working directly with the Community Engagement Coordinator for informal interview, scheduling, etc.
We hope to help you:
– Develop or enhance public speaking and teaching skills.
– Learn about Vancouver history, heritage, and architecture.
– Participate in exciting special and cultural events.
– Potential assistance with collections + exhibitions.
We are proud to offer you a valuable volunteer experience to add to your resume and will happily provide you with letters of reference or certificates for your future professional endeavours.
Commitment: 6 months minimum.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get DirectionsVancouver, BC
Other Roedde House Museum Volunteer Opportunities
Other Heritage / Museums Volunteer Opportunities
Description: THE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY We are seeking Volunteer Docent and Cultural Interpreters to present valuable and fascinating information to visitors through interpretive tours and informal …Read More