This volunteer opportunity has expired!
Parkinson Society BC (Donor Recognition Event Volunteers Needed!)Organization Name: Parkinson Society BC
Opportunity Title: Donor Recognition Event Volunteers Needed!
Category: Special Events / Festivals
Commitment: One Day / Special Event
Start Date: September 25, 2017
End Date: September 25, 2017
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
Parkinson Society British Columbia is looking for volunteers to help out with a donor appreciation event.
Date: Monday, September 25, 2017
Please arrive by 3:00 pm
Expected shift duration: 2 hours
Location: The Law Courts Inn, 4th Floor- 800 Smithe Street, Vancouver
Positions Needed: Greeter & Parking Attendant
Greeter Job Summary
The Greeter welcomes donors attending the donor appreciation event. Volunteers working in this capacity answer questions, provide information and direct people to registration.
Many of the donors who will be attending the event have Parkinson’s disease. You must be a dependable and caring individual who has the ability to communicate courteously and effectively with individuals and staff members. Greeters must be able to stand/walk for a 2 hour shift.
Greeter (General) Volunteer Duties:
- Welcome the donors warmly with a smile and a “good afternoon”.
- Familiarizing yourself with the general layout of the location, so you are able to appropriately answer questions and direct individuals to registration.
- Assist elderly individuals who may require help.
Parking Attendant Job Summary
To direct incoming cars to parking area and assist with placing directional signs to designate where the event is being held.
Many of the donors who will be attending the event have Parkinson’s disease. You must be a dependable and caring individual who has the ability to communicate courteously and effectively with individuals and staff members. Volunteers must be able to stand/walk for a 2 hour shift.
Parking Attendant Volunteer Duties:
- Welcome all guests.
- Provide guests with parking passes.
- Check-off guests names on sheet as they arrive.
- Assist elderly individuals who may require help getting out of their cars.
- Direct people to the event, ensuring they take the safest possible route.
PSBC encourages the use of public transportation whenever possible. Please visit Translink’s Trip Planner to find the best route for you.
Please inform Rav Kambo prior to September 25, 2017 if you will be driving so a parking pass can be reserved for you. Rav Kambo can be reached at 604-662-3240 or email@example.com.
Please wear business casual attire and comfortable footwear.
Interested? Please contact:
604-662-3240 or firstname.lastname@example.org