Eastside Arts Society (Development Committee Member)Organization Name: Eastside Arts Society
Opportunity Title: Development Committee Member
Category: Special Events / Festivals
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: February 3, 2023
End Date: May 3, 2023
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
Eastside Arts Society – Development Committee Member
The Eastside Arts Society is excited to add new Committee Members to their dynamic and collaborative Development team.
The Eastside Arts Society (EAS) is a registered charity that is home to the wildly popular Eastside Culture Crawl Visual Arts, Design & Crafts Festival, the CREATE! Arts Festival and the Eastside Arts District.
Now in its 27th year, the EAS is embarking on a number of new initiatives to ensure that Art Happens Here, on Vancouver’s Eastside, for decades to come.
What’s unique about the Eastside Arts Society?
- We have a deep commitment to the arts and artists of Vancouver’s Eastside, supporting under-represented and self-represented artists
- We are an established organization, with over 26 years of delivering outstanding arts programming
- Our popular festivals and events are creative, invigorating, and inspiring
- We are always growing and planning for the future of arts in Vancouver
The Development Committee creates, directs and monitors three key initiatives for operational revenue generation. The committee has specific goals established annually by the Board of Directors as part of the EAS Strategic Plan. The Development Committee is comprised of EAS Board Member, staff members, the Managing Director (who is responsible for delivering the initiatives with the committee’s support), and members from the community that represent the EAS’s catchment area.
The EAS Development Committee’s three key initiatives/campaigns are: Fundraising Events, Sponsorship and Donorship. We are seeking committee members to contribute to any or all of these initiatives based on their qualifications and interest.
Committee members are appointed for a one-year renewable term.
- Professional development particularly in networking, business development, and event planning
- Engagement with an exciting and motivated committee to build memorable arts and cultural programming and events
- Contributing to the organization’s vision of transforming the community through visual arts
- Expanding your professional and personal network
- Making a difference in your community and meeting others along the way
- Supporting the arts in our community
To assist EAS to meet its fund development goals, the Development Committee will work with staff to deliver the following initiatives;
- Work with other Committee Members and Staff to successfully execute events such as:
- Art, Bike, Beer Crawl Tour
- Take Flight Fundraiser – Online Silent Auction and Art Roulette Art Draw
- Identify new and reach out to known event sponsors during the planning process (i.e. as it relates to silent auction donations, event sponsors)
- Promote and support fundraising events/activities by attending, volunteering, drawing in new audiences/attendees and/or giving monetary in-kind assistance to the level that committee members are able
- Research and develop with Staff new fundraising events & initiatives
- Actively stay current with fund development trends and maximize professional development opportunities with the goal of strengthening the agency’s fundraising capacity
- Identify, research, foster and make connections where appropriate with potential/prospective sponsors and forward to Staff
- Identify, research, foster and make connections where appropriate with potential/prospective donors, donor groups or campaign concepts and forward to Staff
- Assist with planning and stewarding annual campaigns
- Assist with the drafting, reviewing and/or editing of communication materials, such as sponsor letters, sponsor packages and donor campaign letters
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in engaging sponsorship outreach, volunteer leadership, marketing, social media, videography and/or video editing and/or event planning
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and time management skills
- Confident in public speaking and considering sponsorship materials
- Comfortable attending public events to promote the EAS
- Volunteers must be at least 19 years of age for this position
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Role-specific training with the addition of shared online resources available for review
- Regular meetings with Staff and experienced Committee Leads
- Support documents provided – e. Sponsor Packages, email templates, leads
- Dedicated Staff coordinating overall initiative(s) execution
- 5 hours/month with a higher level of commitment leading up to set events (currently 2 per year)
- Attendance at monthly committee meetings (online) every last Tuesday of the month from 7 – 8pm except December
- Ability to respond to emails/requests within a reasonable timeframe
We believe that our committees’ composition should reflect the diversity of the community we serve (particularly underrepresented and marginalized people) and that this diversity is central to both the health and vitality of our community and the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people of underrepresented and marginalized identities in East Vancouver, particularly Indigenous people, people of colour, people from working class backgrounds and LGBTQ2S+ people.
Interested candidates are encouraged to contact Erin Frizzell, Managing Director at email@example.com or call 778-379-4545 to apply for this opportunity.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions716 E. Hastings Street, Vancouver BC V6A 1R5
Other Eastside Arts Society Volunteer Opportunities
Other Special Events / Festivals Volunteer Opportunities
Portobello West Spring Artisan Market VolunteersOrganization: Vancouver Fashion + Art Market Society
Description: Portobello West Artisan Market, featuring 65+ local BC artists, designers and producers is looking for enthusiastic volunteers for their …Read More
volunteer advocate – Game changers for achieving the Global Goals by 2030Organization: Results Canada
Description: Results Canada is hosting a National Conference this spring! On May 6-7, we will come together to focus on the game changers that are needed …Read More
DRAGON BOAT FESTIVALS AND RACESOrganization: Dragonboat BC
Description: DRAGON BOAT BC is looking for volunteers to assist with dragon boat races from May to October and the Concord Pacific Dragon Boat Festival …Read More
Sell 50/50 Tickets at Vancouver Whitecaps FC Home Matches in Support of KidSport BCOrganization: KidSport BC
Description: KidSport BC is partnering with the Vancouver Whitecaps FC 50/50 program for matches throughout the 2023 season. We are looking for …Read More
DOXA Documentary Film Festival – Volunteers Needed!Organization: DOXA Documentary Film Festival
Description: DOXA prides itself on being an iconic cultural event for Vancouver, and a growing festival on the world scene. With a small core team …Read More