This volunteer opportunity has expired!
Canadian Cancer Society – Vancouver (Daffodil Dash – Event Day – General Volunteer)Organization Name: Canadian Cancer Society – Vancouver
Opportunity Title: Daffodil Dash – Event Day – General Volunteer
Category: Sports and Recreation
Commitment: One Day / Special Event
Start Date: April 28, 2019
End Date: April 28, 2019
Join The Daffodil Dash Event Day Crew!
The Daffodil Dash is a fun, family oriented, inclusive 1 km walk and 5 km run event. It is an opportunity to bring the community together at an event that family, friends and co-workers can enjoy, regardless of age or fitness level.
General event day volunteers are Daffodil Dash champions, who help bring the event to life and create a fun and community focused atmosphere while making sure the race and festivities run smoothly by assisting in all areas, including:
- Set-up and take down
- Route traffic/marshaling
- Activities and entertainment
- Food and beverage
- Wherever help is needed the most!
- Be an integral part of the Vancouver Daffodil Dash and supporting the Canadian Cancer Society
- Apply your experience in a social community event context
- Build community relationships and have fun!
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation
- Role-specific training based on event day role, leading up to or on event day
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to take initiative and be self-directed
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Friendly and energetic
- Sunday April 29, 2018
- 8:00am – 11:30am and/or 11:30am – 2:00pm (approximate end time)
- Concord Pacific Place (Next To Science World) 88 Pacific Boulevard, Vancouver
Psst… This is a great team opportunity! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a day or weekend for your team, office, or group of family and friends!