Latincouver (Event Assistant)Organization Name: Latincouver
Opportunity Title: Event Assistant
Category: Professional Opportunities
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: July 8, 2020
End Date: July 7, 2099
- Appropriate for youth (i.e., less than 18)
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Appropriate for court-ordered volunteers
Latincouver is a non-profit organization that for the past 12 years has been connecting over 100,000 Latin Americans with Latin enthusiasts living in Western Canada. As of today, we are the point of reference within the Latin American community in British Columbia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing Latincouver Programs and Events.
- Assist with the organization of special events from concept to completion.
- Assist with contacting stakeholders, including suppliers to request and negotiate quotes, vendors and exhibitors and partners of Carnaval del Sol.
- Assist with creation of decoration plan of the events and participate in executing this plan
- Support on-site event management including set-up, teardown, and supervision of volunteers where applicable.
- Assist in organizing networking events for Latincouver and traditional or digital campaigns and attend them to facilitate their success
- Additional responsibilities may apply if mutual agreement is achieved
Requirements and Skills
- 3-5 days per week, 4 or 5 hours, at least 3 months
- Exceptional writing and verbal English skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proactive and positive attitude with high levels of energy
- Spanish or Portuguese is an asset
- Expanding your professional contacts through Latincouver’s rich network
- Being part of a fun, professional and multicultural team
- Learning new skills and an opportunity to practice English and discover other cultures
- Upgrading your resume with experience in a Canadian organization
- Reference letter upon completion
How to Apply:
Send your resume to the email email@example.com or fill out the application on our website
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity