This volunteer opportunity has expired!
Vancouver Opera (Front of House Volunteers)Organization Name: Vancouver Opera
Opportunity Title: Front of House Volunteers
Category: Special Events / Festivals
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year), One Day / Special Event
Start Date: February 12, 2019
End Date: February 24, 2019
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
JOB TITLE: Front of House
SUPERVISOR: Vincent Wong
|Queen Elizabeth Theatre Stage Door –|
|649 Cambie Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 2P1|
OBJECTIVE: Front of House Volunteers are an integral part of making our patrons’ experience an unforgettable one. You are there to warmly welcome guests to the theatre, professionally assist with inquiries and enthusiastically provide additional information about Vancouver Opera.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Front of House volunteers are required to:
- Greet audience members upon arrival.
- Engage with audience members about upcoming VO performances and events to encourage ticket sales.
- Distribute marketing materials.
- Help with promotional activities as required.
- Assist with setup and take down of signage and materials, as directed.
- Provide excellent customer service.
QUALIFICATIONS: Front of House volunteers have the following skills:
- Previous customer service experience.
- Outgoing and dynamic personality.
- Comfortable engaging with the public.
- Fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Familiar with Vancouver Opera’s history, productions, promotions, and events. Volunteers will be required to familiarize themselves with materials provided in advance.
- Problem solving.
- Organization and ability to follow direction.
- Professional attire and appearance.
- Physically able to lift up to 25 lbs. for set up, take down, and transport of materials.
SHIFTS AVAILABLE: Front of House volunteers are needed:
- February 12 5-10PM
- February 14 5-10PM
- February 16 5-10PM
- February 19 5-10PM
- February 21 5-10PM
- February 24 1130AM-430PM
TRAINING PROVIDED: Front of House volunteers receive:
- Volunteer Manual
- Pre-shift orientation
- Volunteer identification lanyard
- On-site point person
BENEFITS: Front of House volunteers receive:
- Complimentary voucher to view production (not available for redemption on same day as volunteer shift)
- Post-production appreciation event
REFERENCES REQUIRED: Minimum one professional reference.
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR: Olivia Selig | email@example.com | 604-331-4836
DATE POSTED: January 28, 2019
SHIFT SIGN UP: https://timecounts.org/vancouveropera/events/11386
Get Directions649 Cambie Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 2P1
Other Vancouver Opera Volunteer Opportunities
Other Special Events / Festivals Volunteer Opportunities
Description: PARKINSON SOCIETY BRITISH COLUMBIA Parkinson Society British Columbia provides vital support to the Parkinson’s community through educational programs, advocacy, public awareness and …Read More
Description: The Bicycle Trek for Life & Breath is a fundraising event hosted by the BC Lung Association. Hundreds of participants will embark on the ride of their life for a 200km route through the …Read More