Easter Seals House (Gardener – Volunteer)Organization Name: Easter Seals House
Opportunity Title: Gardener – Volunteer
Category: Other Positions
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: July 25, 2018
End Date: December 31, 2019
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
GARDENER – VOLUNTEER
Easter Seals BC & Yukon is a service of the British Columbia Lions Society for Children with Disabilities. As a trusted charity since 1952, we are dedicated to providing programs and services to persons with disabilities that help build their self-esteem, self-confidence and sense of independence. In addition, since 1955, the BC Lions Society has provided a “home away from home” for families visiting Vancouver to obtain medical treatment. Easter Seals House in Vancouver provides a low cost, comfortable, caring place to stay for more than 100 parents and children every night. Easter Seals House is located blocks away from Vancouver’s best hospitals and treatment centres.
Easter Seals House (ESH) is looking for experienced, enthusiastic and reliable volunteers to assist in maintaining the grounds and landscape.
The volunteer gardener will assist with general maintenance of the grounds and patio. They help outside with weeding, cleaning, and trimming the lawn.
- Landscaping and maintenance of flowers, grass, shrubs, and bushes
- Water plants and grass as needed
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in grounds keeping
- Sweep walkway of debris
On call, as help needed by Easter Seals House. Hours are negotiable and will be determined with supervisor.
- Complete a volunteer application and interview.
- Must pass a background check
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Knowledgeable in maintenance and safe operations of gardening equipment
- Basic gardening knowledge is an assent
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Must be flexible and reliable
BENEFITS TO THE VOLUNTEER:
- Rewarding and invaluable position that supports ESH and ESH residents
- Build connections with ESH staff
- Volunteer hours
- Consistent recognition
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Operations, and/or Easter Seals House Supervisor.
HOW TO APPLY: Email Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions3981 Oak Street
Other Easter Seals House Volunteer Opportunities
Other Other Positions Volunteer Opportunities
Description: SENIORS ACTING UP IS SEEKING A VOLUNTEER DIRECTOR/ADMINISTRATOR TO WORK WITH A GROUP OF EXPERIENCED SENIORS WHO PERFORM VARIETY SHOWS AT VARIOUS VENUES THROUGHOUT THE LOWER …Read More