Providence Health Care – St. Vincent’s Langara site (Gift Shop Volunteer)Organization Name: Providence Health Care – St. Vincent’s Langara site
Opportunity Title: Gift Shop Volunteer
Category: Health / Medical
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: September 6, 2022
End Date: January 1, 2099
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for youth (i.e., less than 18)
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
We have a small gift shop at our facility that sells things, such as candy and small gift items, to our residents, staff and visitors. This shop is 100% run by volunteers and the funds raised from the running of the shop go towards equipment and programs for the residents.
– Assist residents with shopping while providing social interaction for the residents
– Handle a variety of cash sales with residents, visitors and staff
– Open and close shop, restock shelves, tidy-up, market merchandise and sell variety of items e.g. gift ware, candies, toiletries, etc.
must be at least 16 years old and commitment to coming once a week for 2-4 hours for a minimum of 4 months (longer commitment preferred). Currently looking for weekday and Sunday 11:30 am – 3:30 pm volunteers. Sorry no evenings available.
-Greet and assist patients, residents, visitors and staff
-Stock shelves, keep the shop neat and clean
-Balance the cash at the end of the shift
-Manage cash sales, and operate interact machine if applicable.
-Price stock as directed
Since we are a long term care facility all volunteers must be double vaccinated (7 days post dose 2) for COVID-19.
How to apply:
Apply online by going to http://bttr.im/gj80s