Greater Vancouver Board of Trade (Greater Vancouver Board of Trade events volunteer)Organization Name: Greater Vancouver Board of Trade
Opportunity Title: Greater Vancouver Board of Trade events volunteer
Category: Special Events / Festivals
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: September 11, 2018
End Date: August 11, 2020
Looking for a fast pace environment that allows you to get involved with Vancouver’s business community and hear from the top thought leaders? The Greater Vancouver Board of Trade is the place for you.
The Greater Vancouver Board of Trade is Western Canada’s most active and influential business association. We accelerate business success through our advocacy and public policy initiatives, our four Signature Programs for professional development, and our 100+ events each year, which educate and connect our region’s business community.
We engage with decision-makers to develop Greater Vancouver as a vibrant hub for commerce, trade, travel, and free enterprise. And we’ve been doing it with tangible results, for more than 130 years. Some of our successes include:
• The Canada Line to YVR
• Bringing many elite speakers to Vancouver, such as Hilary Rodham Clinton, Michelle Obama and Justin Trudeau.
• We For She: North America’s largest gatherings of changemakers, influencers, business leaders, and young women collaborating to advance equality.
We are currently looking for volunteers to assist our Events team at our large-scale events.
• Set up and disassemble banners and signage (pre and post event)
• Registration and check-in of all guests (via tablet)
• Greet and direct guests to their tables
• Assist the Events Team with ad hoc duties as necessary
• Attend events and hear from diverse speakers, free of cost!
• Learn how to navigate through fast-paced scenarios
• Develop team and customer service skills
• Receive a letter of recommendation
• Join an enthusiastic team who share a passion for helping others
Time commitment: (Minimum 3 events)
Forums: half day commitment, time may vary
• Excellent customer service
• Strong verbal communications skills, including excellent command of the English language
• Organized with strong attention to detail
• Able to work independently and within a team
• Strong computer skills
• Ability to work in stressful situations
If this sounds like something you’re interested in, please send us your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Other Greater Vancouver Board of Trade Volunteer Opportunities
Other Special Events / Festivals Volunteer Opportunities
Description: We are looking for fun, outgoing volunteers for general event positions! Food and Beverage, Kids Zones, Registration and many other positions. Autism Speaks Canada (ASC) is the leading …Read More