Easter Seals House (Handyman – Volunteer)Organization Name: Easter Seals House
Opportunity Title: Handyman – Volunteer
Category: Other Positions
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: July 25, 2018
End Date: December 31, 2019
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
HANDYMAN – VOLUNTEER
Easter Seals BC & Yukon is a service of the British Columbia Lions Society for Children with Disabilities. As a trusted charity since 1952, we are dedicated to providing programs and services to persons with disabilities that help build their self-esteem, self-confidence and sense of independence. In addition, since 1955, the BC Lions Society has provided a “home away from home” for families visiting Vancouver to obtain medical treatment. Easter Seals House in Vancouver provides a low cost, comfortable, caring place to stay for more than 100 parents and children every night. Easter Seals House is located blocks away from Vancouver’s best hospitals and treatment centres.
Easter Seals House (ESH) is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and reliable handyman who can perform minor maintenance.
The volunteer handyman will assist and carry out minor repairs and maintenance of Easter Seals House property, furnishings and equipment.
- Perform basic repairs to the ESH such as plumbing, electrical fixtures, broken appliances/equipment and other minor repairs
- Provide maintenance to interior and exterior of the ESH including painting, carpentry, grounds clean-up, and new equipment/furniture installation.
- Identify and report the need for major repairs
- Other tasks as determined by staff
TIME COMMITMENT: On call, as help needed by Easter Seals House. Hours are negotiable and will be determined with supervisor.
- Complete a volunteer application and interview.
- Must pass a background check
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Previous experience with basic maintenance tasks desired
- Knowledge in carpentry, painting, plumbing, etc.
- Good problem-solver and detailed-oriented
- Good time management
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Must be flexible and reliable
BENEFITS TO THE VOLUNTEER:
- Rewarding and invaluable position that supports ESH and ESH residents
- Build connections with ESH staff
- Volunteer hours
- Consistent recognition
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Operations, and/or Easter Seals House Supervisor.
HOW TO APPLY: Email Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions3981 Oak Street
Other Easter Seals House Volunteer Opportunities
Other Other Positions Volunteer Opportunities
Description: About the event At Latincouver empowering people has always been one of our priorities. The Inspirational Latin Awards is our way of promoting and fostering the spirit of unity …Read More