Latincouver (Event Planner)Organization Name: Latincouver
Opportunity Title: Event Planner
Category: Administration / Clerical / Office
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: August 25, 2019
End Date: December 1, 2019
- Appropriate for youth (i.e., less than 18)
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
Latincouver is a non-profit organization that brings together both Latin Americans and Latin enthusiasts living in BC. Latincouver activities cover a variety of areas like business and culture, creating multiple events tailored to connect and empower people.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing Latincouver Programs and Events, including contacts with possible partners and sponsors, universities
- Conduct market research on ways of growing number of members and improvement of the program
- Assist in developing a digital marketing plan and social media content
- Assist in the organizing networking events for Latincouver and traditional or digital campaigns and attend them to facilitate their success
- Organizing special events from concept to completion.
- Supporting on-site event management including set-up, teardown, and supervision of volunteers where applicable.
- Additional responsibilities and job enlargement may apply if mutual agreement is achieved
Requirements and Skills
- 3-5 days per week, 4 or 5 hours, at least 3 months
- Exceptional writing and verbal English skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proactive and positive attitude with high levels of energy
- Interest in the latest marketing trends
- Previous experience in social media, digital relations, or marketing is an asset
- Spanish or Portuguese is an asset
- Expanding your professional contacts through Latincouver’s rich network
- Being part of a fun, professional and multicultural team
- Learning new skills and an opportunity to practice English and discover other cultures
- Upgrading your resume with experience in a Canadian organization
- Reference letter upon completion
Start Date: As soon as possible.
How to Apply:
Send your resume to the email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the application on our website and check out the many opportunities you can experience with us.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions68 Water st.
Other Latincouver Volunteer Opportunities
Category: Communications / Marketing / Media
Description: Latincouver is a non-profit organization that brings together both Latin Americans and Latin enthusiasts living in BC. Latincouver activities cover a variety of areas like business and …Read More
Other Administration / Clerical / Office Volunteer Opportunities
Description: The Aquafit for All Assosiation (AFA) is currently looking for a volunteer executive assistant to help with the administrative needs of the organization. In this role, you will be required …Read More