Latincouver (Event Planner)Organization Name: Latincouver
Opportunity Title: Event Planner
Category: Administration / Clerical / Office
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: August 25, 2019
End Date: December 1, 2019
- Appropriate for youth (i.e., less than 18)
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
Latincouver is a non-profit organization that brings together both Latin Americans and Latin enthusiasts living in BC. Latincouver activities cover a variety of areas like business and culture, creating multiple events tailored to connect and empower people.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing Latincouver Programs and Events, including contacts with possible partners and sponsors, universities
- Conduct market research on ways of growing number of members and improvement of the program
- Assist in developing a digital marketing plan and social media content
- Assist in the organizing networking events for Latincouver and traditional or digital campaigns and attend them to facilitate their success
- Organizing special events from concept to completion.
- Supporting on-site event management including set-up, teardown, and supervision of volunteers where applicable.
- Additional responsibilities and job enlargement may apply if mutual agreement is achieved
Requirements and Skills
- 3-5 days per week, 4 or 5 hours, at least 3 months
- Exceptional writing and verbal English skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proactive and positive attitude with high levels of energy
- Interest in the latest marketing trends
- Previous experience in social media, digital relations, or marketing is an asset
- Spanish or Portuguese is an asset
- Expanding your professional contacts through Latincouver’s rich network
- Being part of a fun, professional and multicultural team
- Learning new skills and an opportunity to practice English and discover other cultures
- Upgrading your resume with experience in a Canadian organization
- Reference letter upon completion
Start Date: As soon as possible.
How to Apply:
Send your resume to the email email@example.com or fill out the application on our website and check out the many opportunities you can experience with us.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity