This volunteer opportunity has expired!
Kettle Society (Volunteer Board Director)Organization Name: Kettle Society
Opportunity Title: Volunteer Board Director
Category: Professional Opportunities
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: May 2, 2023
End Date: June 3, 2023
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
Call for Board Candidate—Capital Planning | Development
The Kettle Society is looking for one highly qualified capital planning and/or property development professional who is passionate about mental health matters and related issues to join its Board starting June 2023.
You are a generative thinker and thoughtful in carrying out your oversight duties. Your experience, energy, insights, and time commitment will be invaluable in ensuring that The Kettle Society builds firmly on nearly 50 years as a highly respected mental health support service and partner of choice for governments, funders, and all those who care about mental health.
We are looking for an individual ready to apply their development expertise and perspective as The Kettle launches a new strategic plan. The ideal candidate is a business owner, consultant or senior professional with capital planning and development oversight experience. Experience with not-for-profit developments would be welcome.
As a director on The Kettle Society’s policy governance board, you would join at a time of executive transition and organizational renewal and growth. Your fellow directors would be diversely skilled colleagues committed to diligently overseeing the delivery of services and influencing organizational direction. You would be focused on fulfilling the Kettle’s purpose so that those living with mental illness, substance use, poverty, and homelessness have access to services they need to live safely, securely and with dignity in their community, at a cost they can afford.
– Attendance at 10 in-person meetings per year plus periodic Board development workshops
– Active participation on at least one committee, with attendant meetings and duties
– Current or previous senior-level employment in capital planning, property development and/or construction management
– On-the-ground or oversight experience with issues faced by vulnerable populations
– Commitment to The Kettle’s low-barrier approach to supporting people where they are
– Lived experience within diverse communities an asset
– Experience with Carver-type policy governance an asset
– Access to philanthropic networks an asset
PLEASE ALSO NOTE
– Candidate interview by Governance Committee and Executive Director
– Criminal record check
– Successful candidate elected at the Society’s AGM in June
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE KETTLE SOCIETY https://www.thekettle.ca
HOW TO APPLY
Kindly use the subject line KETTLE BOARD RECRUITMENT 2023 and email the Governance Committee your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org