This volunteer opportunity has expired!
Latincouver (KIDS PLAZA COORDINATOR – CARANVAL DEL SOL)Organization Name: Latincouver
Opportunity Title: KIDS PLAZA COORDINATOR – CARANVAL DEL SOL
Category: Social and Community Service
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: May 8, 2023
End Date: August 8, 2023
KIDS PLAZA COORDINATOR – CARANVAL DEL SOL
Latincouver Cultural & Business Society – Vancouver, BC
(volunteer/ unpaid internship)
Start date – ASAP.
Latincouver Cultural and Business Society is a non-profit organization that brings together Latin Americans
and Latin enthusiasts living in Vancouver to strengthen and celebrate the richness of our businesses and
cultures. Our four pillars are:
Promoting Culture: We promote cultural diffusion in Latin America in the Canadian context promoting and
enriching bilateral cultural support.
Connecting Business: We provide possibilities for Latino entrepreneurship with effective management,
thus generating assertive business links in Canada.
Supporting Community: We watch over a community in Latin America with cohesion and mutual support,
giving rise to growth with firm roots.
Empowering People: We generate growth possibilities and empowerment of enthusiastic Latin Americans
seeking opportunities in Canada.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and organized Kids Plaza Coordinator to support the planning and
execution of this area in Carnaval del Sol. The coordinator will be responsible for managing all the events
and activities in the kid’s plaza, logistics, and volunteers. The ideal candidate will have excellent
communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and
absolutely love kids. This position will be reporting to the project manager.
• Responsible to contact and recruit talents for Painting Face and Games Kids activities
• Producing detailed proposals for each activity (timeline, schedule, venues, legal obligations,
staffing, and budget)
• Provide supplies for Painting Faces and Games (search for the best price materials)
• Organizing facilities for traffic control, security, and first aid
• Developing all media support
• Work together with Human Resources to find capable volunteers to work with kids.
• Recognizing and implementing all needs for the plaza.
• Post-event evaluation
• Create a proposal including all potential activities.
• Put all the activities in a schedule.
• Looking for specific sponsors and vendors
• Working closely with HR to recruit and be capable to hire and manage volunteers.
• Provide all licenses, if needed
• Buy all the materials for the activities if needed.
• Certificate or bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, event planning, or a related field
• Have an incredible connection with kids.
• Proven experience in event planning and coordination
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and event planning software
• Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed.
• Demonstrated ability to establish effective and cooperative working relationships built on trust.
• Ability to manage a wide range of relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
Requirements and Skills:
• 3 days a week, between 5 or 6 hours, and at least for 3 months
• High Intermediate English level, written and verbal.
• Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) plus other programs
• Being able to work independently on projects while meeting deadlines.
• Recruitment, human resources, or a related field is desired.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work in teams and independently.
• Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Spanish or Portuguese is an asset.
Benefits to volunteering or getting an internship with us.
• Free participation in different events
• Build your skills and connect with Others.
• Gain Professional Experience in Canada
• Reference letter for three months of commitment
• Certificate of appreciation
• Increasing your networking
• Making new friends
• Valuable knowledge about the Canadian labor market
• Being part of a fun multicultural team.
Get Directions68 Water St, Vancouver, BC V6B 1A4
Other Latincouver Volunteer Opportunities
Other Social and Community Service Volunteer Opportunities
Description: About us Tenacious. Empowering. Supportive. Humble. Compassionate. These are Mission Possible’s core values, and we’re searching for a Team …Read More