Frontier College (Learning Support Volunteer)Organization Name: Frontier College
Opportunity Title: Learning Support Volunteer
Category: Education / Training / Teaching
Commitment: 6 months to 1 year, Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: October 20, 2021
End Date: October 31, 2022
- Appropriate for youth (i.e., less than 18)
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
FRONTIER COLLEGE is a national charitable literacy organization, established in 1899 on the belief that literacy is a right. We work collaboratively with community-based agencies across Canada to provide targeted, innovative literacy and numeracy support where it’s needed most. Each year, over 31,000 children, youth, and adults participate in our programs in more than 160 communities throughout the country. Read more at frontiercollege.ca
Volunteer as a learning partner in one of our community partner programs in the Lower Mainland. Choose to work one-on-one or in group settings (online or in-person) with kids, youth or young adults. Work directly with learners on their homework assignments, life skills, and other engaging, inclusive, and fun learning activities.
On average, tutors spend 2 hrs per week volunteering. Programs are located in Burnaby, Vancouver, New Westminster, and Surrey.
Frontier College relies on volunteers for continued success in everything we do. Each year, folks across Canada donate more than 50,000 hours to reading stories, tutoring, and learning together. See our local volunteers talk about their experiences with Frontier College in this video!
- An inclusive, respectful approach to working with learners that prioritizes the learner’s strengths and goals
- A solution-oriented and flexible attitude, as every session can be different
- No teaching or education experience is necessary – our volunteers come from many different backgrounds and experiences!
What you’ll receive
- Gain experience working with communities in alternative learning settings, which can present unique challenges and rewards. You will not only build a relationship with program learners and fellow volunteers, but also with our community partners.
- Receive training focused on student-centered individualized learning and anti-oppression, as well as ongoing support from staff, and engagement with your fellow tutors.
- We may provide a reference after 6 months of volunteering, and you can also be added to our email list to receive updates on employment postings.
How to Apply
Apply now online: Frontier College – Volunteer Inquiry Form
Or contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions1001 Cotton Dr.
Other Frontier College Volunteer Opportunities
Other Education / Training / Teaching Volunteer Opportunities
Description: We are looking for passionate volunteer coding instructors to join our non-profit organization located in BC, Canada. DC Coding Association …Read More
Description: Employ to Empower is looking for an engaging and community driven person to join our growing Advocacy team! Are you looking for a way to …Read More