Vancouver Opera (Lottery Salesperson Volunteers)Organization Name: Vancouver Opera
Opportunity Title: Lottery Salesperson Volunteers
Category: Special Events / Festivals
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year), One Day / Special Event
Start Date: February 14, 2019
End Date: February 24, 2019
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
JOB TITLE: Lottery Salesperson
SUPERVISOR: Olivia Selig
|Queen Elizabeth Theatre Stage Door –|
|649 Cambie Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 2P1|
OBJECTIVE: Lottery salesperson volunteers assist our Development department with this important fundraising stream by informing patrons of current lottery sales for Grand Prize and 50/50 draws and encouraging ticket sales.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Lottery Salesperson volunteers are required to:
- Engage with audience members about current Vancouver Opera Lottery.
- Distribute lottery brochures.
- Explain ticket pricing, be knowledgeable about prize offerings and know current sales stats.
- Receive and process lottery ticket orders – cash, cheque, credit card.
- Assist with setup and take down of signage and materials, as directed.
- Provide excellent customer service.
QUALIFICATIONS: Lottery Salesperson volunteers have the following skills:
- Previous customer service and sales experience required.
- Outgoing and dynamic personality.
- Comfortable engaging with the public and proficient in speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Familiar with Vancouver Opera lottery structure and offerings. Volunteers will be required to familiarize themselves with materials provided in advance.
- Follow established protocols.
- Attention to detail when taking order details.
- Assist in processing payments.
- Organized and able to follow direction.
- Physically able to lift up to 25 lbs. for set up, take down, and transport of materials.
- Must be 19+ years old.
SHIFTS AVAILABLE: Lottery Salesperson volunteers are needed:
- February 14 5-10PM
- February 19 5-10PM
- February 21 5-10PM
- February 24 1130AM-430PM
TRAINING PROVIDED: Lottery Salesperson volunteers receive:
- Volunteer Manual
- Pre-shift orientation
- Volunteer identification lanyard
- On-site point person
BENEFITS: Lottery Salesperson volunteers receive:
- Complimentary voucher to view production (not available for redemption on same day as volunteer shift)
- Post-production appreciation event
REFERENCES REQUIRED: Minimum one professional reference.
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR: Olivia Selig | email@example.com | 604-331-4836
DATE POSTED: January 28, 2019
SHIFT SIGN UP: https://timecounts.org/vancouveropera/events/11386
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions649 Cambie Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 2P1
Other Vancouver Opera Volunteer Opportunities
Other Special Events / Festivals Volunteer Opportunities
Description: Looking for a fast pace environment that allows you to get involved with Vancouver’s business community and hear from the top thought leaders? The Greater Vancouver Board of Trade is the …Read More