Science Networkers (Multimedia Assistant)Organization Name: Science Networkers
Opportunity Title: Multimedia Assistant
Category: Communications / Marketing / Media
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: September 28, 2020
End Date: September 1, 2023
- Appropriate for youth (i.e., less than 18)
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
Are you seeking adventure? Looking to refine your skills and contribute to a meaningful cause during the pandemic? We are presently seeking a Multimedia Intern to join the Science Networkers volunteer team. The incumbent should be well versed in audio and video editing and have familiarity with GarageBand, Zencastr, or related apps. They should exhibit a keen ear for audio editing and an eye for branding. This is a fantastic opportunity to bolster your resume with volunteer work, as well as help foster the career journey of others in science communication.
- Spend 4-8 hours a week editing the Science Networkers podcast under the guidance of the co-founders
- Editing podcast annotations for accessibility
- Trimming videos for Instagram/Facebook
- Assisting with recording/tech set-up during live events
- Administrative tasks as needed – collecting signed media releases from speakers, uploading podcasts to sites as needed, etc.
- As Science Networkers evolves, there will be more opportunity to become more involved with the organization to align with the individual’s interests
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have or are in the process of obtaining a degree in journalism, radio, media arts or are a student in the sciences with related experience
- Are detailed-oriented and are excellent with keeping up with deadlines
- Have a passion for helping others find their purpose in life
- A willingness to learn about science communications and outreach
- Experience in audio editing and basic tech management is a plus
Benefits of volunteering with Science Networkers:
- Become an integral part in helping a grassroots organization become a respected non-profit for prospective and present science communicators
- Opportunities to network with several people from the scicomm, podcasting, writing and video production community to form connections
- We’ll write you an amazing reference for any future jobs or opportunities
How to apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for applying but only those considered will be contacted for an interview.
Science Networkers is a grassroots organization passionate about connecting people to resources in science communication, outreach, as well as each other. We are passionate about helping people achieve their goals by providing them with cohort to connect, learn and grow about opportunities in the the field of #scicomm. Check us out on Twitter (@scinetworkers), Instagram (@sciencenetworkers) and LinkedIn.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity