Catching the Spirit Youth Society (Peer leader)Organization Name: Catching the Spirit Youth Society
Opportunity Title: Peer leader
Category: Environmental Improvement
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: March 8, 2020
End Date: August 21, 2020
- Appropriate for youth (i.e., less than 18)
Come challenge yourself this summer 2020! Learn about different leadership styles while connecting with nature in Metro Vancouver Regional Parks this summer. Catching the Spirit (CTS) is dedicated to leadership, environmental awareness and stewardship, outdoor recreation, youth ownership, creativity, connections and fun. But mostly it’s all about you! That’s right, we are run ‘By Youth, For Youth’.
CALLING ALL PEER LEADERS! YOU IN?
Ready for a challenge? Ready to lead your peers, aged 12-18 in a rewarding summer experience? CTS is now calling youth aged 15-18 to apply as Peer Leaders. Challenge your leadership skills and outdoor savvy or reach new heights this summer. We encourage those with previous CTS experience and newcomers to apply.
SO, WHAT DOES CTS PEER LEADER DO?
- Inspire and deliver CTS programs to your peers, rain or shine; your ideas and energy are what fuels the program.
- Camping, camping, camping; it’s all about being outside so you’ll get to know the ropes, and the tents, and camp stove!
- Help us plan program activities, make menu plans and keep us on track; you are the leaders.
- Take ownership of CTS and have fun!
- Help shape and deliver the CTS program under the mentorship of great Program Supervisors.
- Participate in a minimum of 3 pre-season training sessions, 2 mandatory training sessions (Peer Leader Bootcamp, and In-Park Training), and attend a minimum of 3 camps this summer as a Peer Leader.
- Support the CTS Youth Council and help them with events and activities.
- Help get the word out about CTS! Tell your friends and your acquaintances and help to make CTS a bigger part of your community.
WHAT ELSE IS IN IT FOR YOU?
- You get to be an instrumental part of the Leadership Team that runs CTS.
- You’ll receive leadership training, and outdoor skills training.
- You’ll receive volunteer service hours and exposure to career and community opportunities.
- Best part? You get to hang out with your friends, make some new ones and have loads of fun!
INTERESTED AND UP FOR THE CHALLENGE? WHAT DO I DO NOW?
Follow this link to apply: https://www.catchingthespirit.com/apply-be-peer-leader
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get DirectionsBurnaby Lake
Other Catching the Spirit Youth Society Volunteer Opportunities
Other Environmental Improvement Volunteer Opportunities
Description: Free Geek Vancouver is looking for senior retirees to help us dismantle computers and consumer electronics for recycling and to assemble used computers for reuse. If you like working with …Read More