Louis Brier Home & Hospital (Receptionist)Organization Name: Louis Brier Home & Hospital
Opportunity Title: Receptionist
Category: Administration / Clerical / Office
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: July 24, 2019
End Date: July 23, 2020
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
Louis Brier Home and Hospital is home to 215 residents and is in contract with the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority. Louis Brier is part of a continuum of care known as the Snider Campus, which also includes the Weinberg Residence – a boutique Assisted Living and Multi-Level Care residence adjacent to Louis Brier.
We are seeking warm, friendly and professional volunteers for our front reception desks to cover 8-10 am and 1-3 pm shifts, 7 days per week. Volunteers may choose multiple shifts per week or just one.
*There is no specific start date, just as soon as possible.
- first point of contact for those coming into the facilities.
- greeting and directing residents and family members.
- keeping watch on secured front door for residents who may wander.
- answering phones.
- You have the ability to communicate with sensitivity and deal with people in a calm and empathetic manner.
- Ability to work independently (training provided)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Punctual and reliable.
- Minimum 6 month commitment required.
- This position would be an excellent opportunity for someone retired.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity