Youville Residence (Youville Residence Needs Recreation Volunteers!)Organization Name: Youville Residence
Opportunity Title: Youville Residence Needs Recreation Volunteers!
Category: Health / Medical
Commitment: 6 months to 1 year
Start Date: April 15, 2019
End Date: April 15, 2099
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
Youville Residence consists of a residential care home for 42 senior residents and Parkview, a specialized mental health unit for 37 older adults.
Are you interested in pursuing a career in physio therapy, occupational therapy, music therapy, or fitness? We are seeking volunteers to assist with various Recreation Activities at Youville Residence. If you are interested in assisting Rehabilitation staff with Recreation Activities by escorting residents in wheelchairs to the activity area, encouraging residents to participate in the social and recreation activities, such as, bingo, bowling, baking, music and entertainment, pub night, and coffee time, please consider volunteering at Youville Residence.
• Volunteers are highly valued by staff, residents and their families. Volunteers enhance the lives of our residents and your time and efforts are an important element in Providence Health Care’s commitment to quality care.
• We require a minimum 4 month commitment
• Weekly volunteer shifts are 2 hours per week, depending on the position
• Volunteers must be a minimum of 16 years old to volunteer at Youville
Under the direct supervision of the Rehabilitation Assistant, volunteers are expected to complete the following duties:
• Set up program area
• Invite and encourage residents to participate in the Exercise program
• Engage in friendly and positive conversation with residents
• Assist Rehabilitation Assistant with distribution of weights/equipment
• Model and demonstrate proper exercise techniques
• Advise Rehabilitation Assistant and/or Staff of any issues or concerns that arise during your volunteer shift
• Clean-up and store equipment
*Please consider that all applicants will be asked to complete the following in order to be considered for volunteer placements with Providence Health Care*:
• Attend an interview with a Coordinator, Volunteer Resources
• Provide 2 professional references for a Coordinator to contact
• Complete an online Criminal Record Check with the BC Ministry of Justice
• Attend a 2-hour Volunteer Orientation
• Acquire an annual influenza vaccination from December – March of every year; OR wear a mask during your volunteer shift
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions4950 Heather St.
Other Youville Residence Volunteer Opportunities
Other Health / Medical Volunteer Opportunities
Description: We are looking for volunteers to help with our various exercise classes. The classes are used to help improve strength, range of motion, sitting balance and general health of elderly people …Read More
Description: St. Vincent’s: Brock Fahrni is home to 148 seniors. We provide care for seniors who require a broad range of medical and personal support to cope with the activities of daily living. Some of …Read More