Ruby Slippers Theatre (Ruby Slippers Theatre is looking for qualified candidates to serve as Board Members)Organization Name: Ruby Slippers Theatre
Opportunity Title: Ruby Slippers Theatre is looking for qualified candidates to serve as Board Members
Category: Boards / Committee / Leadership
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: December 1, 2021
End Date: November 30, 2023
Ruby Slippers Theatre – Board Member
Link to Mission & Vision:
Ruby Slippers Theatre’s vision is a world where diversity is celebrated through a deeper understanding of each other. To bring this vision to reality, RST illuminates under-represented perspectives and inspires independent critical thought by giving voice to diverse, female-identifying artists and by premiering significant Québec works in English translation on the West Coast. Board Members are passionate about Canadian theatre and the work of Ruby Slippers Theatre and share that passion with their broader circle of friends, family, and colleagues.
To enrich the cultural ecology, the artistic practice, and the community with these values: innovation, challenging, thought-provoking, inspiration, mentoring, nurturing, professional excellence, creative risk, inclusiveness, and respect for each other and our audience’s intelligence.
Position: Member of the Board
Responsible to: Board of Directors (Chair)
- Commits to the mission and work of Ruby Slippers Theatre
- Serves as knowledge centre in the areas of board governance, the not-for-profit sector, finance, human resources, information technology, advocacy, or fund development
- Serves on fund development committee
- Attends scheduled board meetings
- Supports special events
- Promotes the organization in the community
- Makes a financial contribution to the organization within means
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Planning ability
- Strong communicator
- Knowledge of Ruby Slippers Theatre
- Active volunteer
- Knowledge of Board governance
- Connected in community
- Ability to analyze and take risks
- Long-term commitment to Ruby Slippers Theatre
Board Terms: Board members are limited to four two-year terms (eight years), with a maximum of three two-year terms in a leadership role, after which they can continue to engage with the company through committee and volunteer work.
Time Commitment: 3-5 hours per month. Additional time may be required for other volunteer roles taken on during term of Board service.
Evaluation: Self and by the Board, annually.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity