Theatre Under the Stars (Call for Front-of-House Volunteers at Theatre Under the Stars!)Organization Name: Theatre Under the Stars
Opportunity Title: Call for Front-of-House Volunteers at Theatre Under the Stars!
Category: Special Events / Festivals
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: June 23, 2019
End Date: August 24, 2019
- Appropriate for youth (i.e., less than 18)
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
Call for Front-of-House Volunteers!
Do you love the theatre and want to immerse yourself in a fun-filled, musical environment? Join the TUTS team!
Theatre Under the Stars Musical Society (TUTS) is non-profit professional/volunteer hybrid arts producer with a mandate to present quality family entertainment in the form of full-scale musical theatre productions, and provide training opportunities in performance and production to community members and aspiring professionals. TUTS achieves this through a unique collaboration between professionals and volunteers working together in administration, performance, production and venue operations. Presented at Malkin Bowl in Stanley Park, Vancouverites have long considered TUTS a summer cultural tradition with average attendance of approximately 40,000 patrons per year.
The 2019 Summer Season at Theatre Under the Stars continues the tradition of open-air musical theatre with the productions of Mamma Mia! and Disney’s Newsies, running in repertory from July 5th to August 19th. The shows run on alternating nights throughout the summer.
Volunteers should be available to work a few shifts per week throughout the run of the shows. Please note available days when you apply.
Working with the Front-of-House Manager, FOH Volunteers are responsible for creating and enhancing the patron experience of two musical theatre shows in rep at Malkin Bowl. Our volunteers provide guests with courteous and swift customer service in a busy environment.
Front of House Volunteer positions include, but are not limited to:
- Box Office Attendants
- Ticket Takers
- Coffee Bar
- Emporium (Museum and Gift Shop)
- Photo Booth Attendant
- Cushion & Program Booth
- Responsibilities will vary depending on the FOH position
- Provide efficient, courteous customer service
- Show up on time for any scheduled shift
- Give advanced notice of when unable to make shift
- Remain composed in high volume environments
- Positive and welcoming attitude
- Professional demeanour
- Ability to converse in English proficiently
- 16+ (For Bartenders: 19+ and Serving It Right)
- Gain experience working in a theatre environment
- Meet new people in a fun and active setting
- Earn free tickets to the shows
- Pizza party every Friday!
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions610 Pipeline Rd, Vancouver
Other Theatre Under the Stars Volunteer Opportunities
Other Special Events / Festivals Volunteer Opportunities
Description: Looking for a fast pace environment that allows you to get involved with Vancouver’s business community and hear from the top thought leaders? The Greater Vancouver Board of Trade is the …Read More
Description: The Bicycle Trek for Life & Breath is a fundraising event hosted by the BC Lung Association. Hundreds of participants will embark on the ride of their life for a 200km route through the …Read More
Description: Do you have a passion for the arts? Want to make connections with like-minded arts-lovers and support our local art community? Join the Vancouver Outsider Arts Festival as a festival …Read More