This volunteer opportunity has expired!
Parent Support Services of BC (Volunteer Childminder)Organization Name: Parent Support Services of BC
Opportunity Title: Volunteer Childminder
Category: Children & Youth
Commitment: 6 months to 1 year, Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: May 11, 2018
End Date: May 31, 2019
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Family-oriented volunteering
- Training or orientation required
Parent Support Services Society of BC is looking for volunteers to deliver a quality childminding/playgroup program for children birth to 5 years (& some older children under 12), whose families are accessing our Parent Support Circle Program. The volunteer childminders will work within the childminding team and Support Circle facilitators. Circle meeting varies in days, location and time.
We’re looking for individuals who speak: English, Spanish, Cantonese and/or Mandarin.
- Program planning, delivery and childcare (i.e., coordinate childminding/playgroups; participate in planning/evaluation related to childminding; develop and deliver program appropriate to children’s ages and individual needs; ensure safety of children and staff; liaison and communication with Circle facilitators and parents); work as a team with other childminder(s).
- Experience in the field of childcare, preferably ECE
- Experience in working with children requiring extra support
- Proven ability in working as a collaborative team member
- Approved Criminal Records Check
- Preference is given to experience in working with parents within a family-centred philosophy
- A current First Aid certificate is an asset
If you are interested in this position, please leave your name and email address when applying for this volunteer position at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the work we do, please visit our website at www.parentsupportbc.ca
Job Types: Volunteer, Casual