Time Auction (Event Coordinator (Volunteer))Organization Name: Time Auction
Opportunity Title: Event Coordinator (Volunteer)
Category: Social and Community Service
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: June 18, 2019
End Date: June 30, 2022
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Training or orientation required
About Time Auction
Time Auction is a charity that connects anyone with inspiring leaders while encouraging volunteerism.
By volunteering 10 hours to any charity, one can dine with guests including Co-founder of Reddit, MySpace, 9GAG, AirAsia, top executives at Google, Facebook, Chief Secretaries of Governments, the first Canadian Astronaut many more. Over 50,000 volunteer hours were raised to date in Hong Kong, San Francisco, Singapore and more cities since 2014.
More info: www.timeauction.org
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for an Event Coordinator to join our team in Vancouver. Our ideal candidate is a “people person” with great communication and time management skills, with entrepreneurial or event management experience. If that’s you — we’d love to meet you!
What will you do?
- Draft invitations and onboard Entrepreneurs/CEOs/Top Executives and other inspiring leaders to be featured guests
- Cultivate relationships with charities, schools, community members, influencers, press, networking groups, our featured guests and other community stakeholders
- Outreach and coordinate with venue and F&B sponsors
- Organize and host our events which accommodates up to 15 people to ensure a casual and intimate atmosphere
- Work closely with other local team members and remotely with the headquarter team in Hong Kong
- 2+ years of working experience in business, marketing, event management preferred
- Must have superior planning, time management, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to handle a flexible work schedule
- Ability to prioritize tasks with a “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Exceptional verbal communication and public speaking skills, as well as strong and concise writing skills
- A local community member with established contacts preferred
- Work with an innovative and fast-growing tech-enabled charity
- Hands-on experience building a startup while doing good for the community
- Extraordinary exposure and opportunity to network, meet and learn from inspiring leaders from all walks of life
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get DirectionsVancouver, BC
Other Time Auction Volunteer Opportunities
Other Social and Community Service Volunteer Opportunities
Description: Volunteer Opportunities Howe Sound Rehabilitation Services Society Our History Howe Sound Rehabilitation Services Society first opened its doors in 1988 in North Vancouver with the …Read More
Description: The Hastings Sunrise Community Policing Centre (HSCPC) is a non-profit volunteer organization that works in partnership with the Vancouver Police Department (VPD), the City of Vancouver, and …Read More