The Heart of Richmond AIDs Society (Member of the Board)Organization Name: The Heart of Richmond AIDs Society
Opportunity Title: Member of the Board
Category: Boards / Committee / Leadership
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: November 27, 2017
End Date: March 1, 2028
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
Mandate: To reduce and, in time, eliminate the impact of HIV/AIDS on individuals and our community through support, prevention and education
Issues Facing the Board: The Board needs to increase in size with persons having energy, time and fresh ideas. Skills currently needed by the board include fundraising and event management in particular.
Board Member Required Characteristics:
- Past experience: Fundraising, Charitable governance/administration, Financial or non-profit experience will be considered strong assets (however not mandatory)
- Ability to: listen, analyze, think clearly and creatively, work well with people individually and in a group.
- Willing to: prepare for and attend board and committee meetings, ask questions, take responsibility and follow through on given assignments.
- Possess: accountability, integrity, honesty, concern for the mission and future of The Heart of Richmond.
Board Member Responsibilities:
- Regularly attends board meetings and important related meetings.
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board meetings.
- Be informed about HORAS mission, policies, and programs.
- Serve on a committee and be responsive with feedback.
- Act as a positive ambassador and spokesperson for HORAS.
- Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Gets to know other committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Is an active participant in the committee’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Participates in fundraising for the organization.
- Identifies new sources of income and write grant applications.
- Manages the day to day operations of aspects of the organisation
- manages permanent staff and conducts other human resource tasks
- Develops and documents policies, procedures, job descriptions and board packages when required.
Directors and Officers Liability: Yes
Board Meetings Per Year: 11
Approximate Time Requirement per Month: 5-8 hours
Length of Board Terms: 3 Years
Maximum Board Size: 12
Time of Board Meetings: 4th Monday of the month, 7pm
Location of Board Meetings: Society office, 200 – 6411 Buswell Street, Richmond.
Application process: Please submit CV and include a cover letter detailing briefly your interest in our organisation and how you think you can help. Please call 604-842-7280 with any questions.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Other The Heart of Richmond AIDs Society Volunteer Opportunities
Category: Boards / Committee / Leadership
Description: Opportunity Description: Mandate: To reduce and, in time, eliminate the impact of HIV/AIDS on individuals and our community through support, prevention and education Issues Facing the …Read More
Other Boards / Committee / Leadership Volunteer Opportunities
Description: Community Arts Council of Vancouver (CACV) was the first arts council in North America. Since its beginning in 1946, the Community Arts Council of Vancouver has been a contributor to shaping …Read More
Description: The Board of Directors of The Friends of Jericho Arts Centre Society (FOJACS), is seeking a qualified volunteer to serve as the Board’s Treasurer. FOJACS is the not-for-profit society that …Read More
Description: Help shape the future of West Point Grey Community Centre by becoming a Board member. The West Point Grey Community Centre Association is recruiting new members to join our productive and …Read More
Description: POSITION SUMMARY The Director, Chapter Development is responsible for providing support, resources and advice to YWiB chapters to assist them in their yearly goals. This includes regular …Read More