Carousel Theatre for Young People (Volunteer Usher – A Charlie Brown Holiday Double Bill)Organization Name: Carousel Theatre for Young People
Opportunity Title: Volunteer Usher – A Charlie Brown Holiday Double Bill
Category: Special Events / Festivals
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: November 21, 2018
End Date: December 30, 2018
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for youth (i.e., less than 18)
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
Carousel Theatre for Young People (CTYP) are seeking volunteer ushers for our upcoming production of A Charlie Brown Holiday Double Bill. Our volunteers are quite often the first point of contact for patrons attending the theatre, and help to ensure the general comfort and safety of patrons during their visit.
A Charlie Brown Holiday Double Bill is running from November 24 until December 30 at the Waterfront Theatre on Granville Island. We have performances scheduled in the morning, afternoon and evening throughout the run – so there will be opportunities for you to volunteer regardless of your current schedule!
Volunteer duties may include:
- Checking tickets
- Ushering patrons to their seats
- Handing out programs
- Answering questions about the show
- Directing patrons who may be lost
- Sitting in on performances and providing assistance to patrons if necessary
All prospective volunteers must:
- Be 16 years or older
- Be fluent in English
- Consent to a free Criminal Record Check to ensure suitability to work in an environment with children
To apply for this volunteer position, please contact our Audience Services & Operations Coordinator, Mikaela Sanders on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday the 16th of November, however late applications will be accepted.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions1412 Cartwright St
Other Carousel Theatre for Young People Volunteer Opportunities
Other Special Events / Festivals Volunteer Opportunities
Description: The Front of House Volunteer assists with the Front of House duties at VIFF’s Vancity Theatre. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, ushering, scanning tickets, managing …Read More