Postmodern Camerata (PMC) (Board of Governors Positions)Organization Name: Postmodern Camerata (PMC)
Opportunity Title: Board of Governors Positions
Category: Boards / Committee / Leadership
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: January 8, 2018
End Date: January 6, 2020
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
Do complex rhythms transport you to another place? Do you have a knack for setting goals and then achieving them? If you are artistic and administrative, consider joining our Board of Governors!
We are Postmodern Camerata (PMC) and we are seeking 5 to 7 forward thinking individuals. This is your opportunity to be part of a larger movement of change in the coalescence of exceptional musical talent found right here in Vancouver.
How can you help? We are seeking board members that aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeve and perform the day to day tasks that will help us grow and thrive. We offer flexibility in terms of the length of commitment. Positions will require a minimum of one to a maximum of three year terms. We’re anticipating a 7 – 10 hour monthly commitment. We’re recruiting for a variety of skills and qualifications, which include but are not limited to the following:
- Strategic planning and performance evaluation
- Financial planning, accounting, and experience with government filings
- (a CPA designation is highly valued)
- Website and social media development
- Audio/visual expertise for recording, archiving, streaming, and music sharing
- Marketing, advertising, and public relations
- Fundraising and building community networks
- Legal expertise, particularly for insurance and music rental policies
- Concert management, including venues, volunteers, and potential sponsors
PMC is a non-profit organization starting its 4th successful season. We’ve performed at a variety of venues including Dunbar Heights United Church, the Canadian Music Centre’s Murray Adaskin Salon and the Orpheum Annex. We’re recognized for our unique ensemble structure (having both instruments and singers) and in recent years, have received support from the SOCAN Foundation and the Vancouver Civic Theatres. We provide opportunities for Canadian composers, and as our name suggests, we play chamber music repertoire that is both traditional and modern. Compared to other ensembles in Vancouver, our musician’s time commitments are more flexible and our repertoire selections feature a wider variety of genres. Most importantly we have an educational outreach mandate to mentor young performers and to encourage youngsters to attend our performances.
We are looking for team players that will assume the duties of the current board. This means the board’s early function will be operational in nature as opposed to assuming a governance role. We are keen to meet the following objectives over the next few years:
- Expand our member base to include new, non-traditional audience members
- Increase our funding sources
- Expand our network of supporters
It is not mandatory that you be a musician or a classic music buff, but experience in this area would certainly be beneficial. In addition, we value:
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills (written & verbal) and emotional intelligence
- Ability to lead, listen and learn
- Commitment to the arts and a love of music
- Understanding and support of PMC’s mission, artistic policy and programs
- Reliability and punctuality
- Willingness to compromise and play devil’s advocate (in a respectful manner)
- Interest in community involvement
- Ability to commit to the hours and term stated above
- Forward thinking, humble and kind
- Ability to accept responsibility and delegate tasks only when necessary
- Absence of conflict of interest
- Diversity of gender, race and age
If you would like to become part of this exciting ground floor opportunity please send your CV, resume or letter of interest to email@example.com no later than noon, Wednesday, November 15th 2017.
Our goal is to schedule panel interviews in mid-November and extend invitations in late-November. Successful candidates will begin in early January 2018.
For general information about PMC, feel free to visit us on Facebook and our website: www.postmoderncamerata.com.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get DirectionsVancouver, BC
Other Postmodern Camerata (PMC) Volunteer Opportunities
Category: Boards / Committee / Leadership
Description: Do complex rhythms transport you to another place? Do you have a knack for setting goals and then achieving them? If you are artistic and administrative, consider joining our Board …Read More
Other Boards / Committee / Leadership Volunteer Opportunities
Description: We are looking for volunteers to participate in our bi-monthly fundraisers throughout Vancouver and the lower mainland. Volunteers will be required to Promote the Visionary 21 Organization …Read More
Description: Get involved in the governance of your local Community Centre! The West Point Grey Community Centre Association is recruiting new members to join our productive and collegial Board of …Read More