Latincouver (Project Coordinator – Inspirational Latin-American Awards (Volunteer))Organization Name: Latincouver
Opportunity Title: Project Coordinator – Inspirational Latin-American Awards (Volunteer)
Category: Other Positions
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: August 1, 2018
End Date: March 24, 2099
- Appropriate for youth (i.e., less than 18)
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Appropriate for court-ordered volunteers
About the event
At Latincouver empowering people has always been one of our priorities. The Inspirational Latin Awards is our way of promoting and fostering the spirit of unity across Latin-American communities and, most of all, recognizing the outstanding achievements of inspirational individuals from the Latin American community in BC. The nomination categories recognize the achievements of art, culture, and innovations. The Inspirational Latin Awards 2018 is in the 5th edition of its kind. The event will be held on November 1st 2018 in Vancouver. This event also supports and strengthens the mission of Latincouver, which is to create a socio-economic space to promote relationships and cultural exchange among Latin Americans and the Canadian mosaic.
Inspirational Latin Awards team is looking for an Project Coordinator to join the team as an assistant to the Project Manager. The core purpose of this role is to work closely with the Project Manager and to assist them in all the phases of the Project, tasks, and details related to reviving, planning, organizing, delivering, and evaluating this special annual event.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Working closely with the Inspirational Latin-American Awards Project Manager; and in case of temporary absence Project Manager, then Latincouver Executive Director, the Latincouver Cultural and Business Development Manager.
The Project Coordinator plays central coordinating roles with the Project Manager at Inspirational Latin-American awards, by tracking projects and deadlines all previously set by the Project Manager, including programming, contacting potential sponsors, and sending sponsorship package, and production of the Inspirational Latin Awards event. The coordinator is expected to have knowledge, otherwise will be mentor by the Project Manager in how to encourage the team or be able intuitively understand how to encourage a team, take initiative, maintain sensitive and important relationships, facilitate communication through the organization, not missing the main contacts, and keep a cool head while managing multiple projects. The Project Coordinator will work closely with the Social Media team, Marketing, HR, Finance, event planning team, to preserve the vision, develop, under the guidance of the Project Manager and co-executing the Inspiration Latin Awards Event, 2018.
Requirements and Skills
- 3 days per week, 4 or 5 hours, at least a month, closer to the event hours will increase as required.
- Excellent communication skills through email, phone and in person – clear, friendly and professional and maintaining the closest members of the team into the communication loop.
- Well organized and be able to juggle multiple responsibilities.
- Good knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- (Not require, but good to have) Good understanding of job descriptions and creating new ones.
Working closely with the Project Manager, in the absence of Project Manager, then Latincouver director, the Project Coordinator plays a central coordinating role at Inspirational Latin awards by tracking projects and deadlines through the organization, under the mentorship of the Project Manager or Latincouver directors helping to improve and plan the program to the seconds for the event, co-working with the Project Manager to add sponsors and improve sponsorship, and production. The coordinator expected to have a good knowledge of leadership and how to encourage the team, take initiative, maintain sensitive and important relationships, facilitate communication through the organization, and keep a cool head while managing multiple projects simultaneously. The Project Coordinator in coordination with the Project Manager will work most closely the Social Media team, Marketing, HR, Finance, event planning team, to vision, develop, maintaining notes and communicating with the Project Manager and executing the Inspiration Event, 2018.
- Expand your professional contacts through Latincouver’s rich network.
- Feedback on your learning progress.
- Reference letter upon completion to upgrade your resume.
- Be part of a fun professional staff team.
- Learn new skills and an opportunity to practice business English
Key Competencies & Expectations
Organization & Communication
- Work together with the project manager and organization-wide projects, tasks and deadlines.
- In absence of project manager, then work with the Latincouver director and with the team organization-wide projects, tasks and deadlines.
- Project planning, organizing, delegating tasks, executing, in coordination with the project manager until after the event all the event is finished.
- Maintain notes from meetings, draft regular internal communications in the absence of the Project Manager.
- In absence of the Project Manager, be part of regular staff & board meetings to achieve project outcomes.
- After the event has finished coordinate with other members of the team to send general “Thank you email” or hard copies mail as needed to be send out to public, partners, sponsors testimonies need to be collected.
- All member off the ILA team will be participating in a collective meeting to brief: Tasks that can be improved, tasks that can be drop, all within the spirited always doing events better the next time. Record all the feedbacks and review the document of recommendations with the project manager and add it to the final files for the next team. – An event is completed only when a full integral reviewed is recorded.
- Assist with set program goals and participants, assist to collaborate on marketing strategies and production plan, communicate program information with participants, sponsors, and partners.
- Where playing an assisting role: ensure exchange information with sponsors, nominations, judgment, Marketing, design, social media, and communications team.
- Identifying special guests – the day on the event chair with names and need to be organize with the require protocol.
- Assist with the coordination of sponsors and partners, handling client queries and troubleshooting before, during and post the event to ensure that all runs smoothly;
- Coordinate with the team management to meet project objectives and deadlines
- Assist with the sourcing of all sponsors/partners providers as requested. Attend meetings with providers as appropriate.
- Follow the project planning and suggest improvements, if required.
- Support to create a brand for the event and assist with the production of different pieces for advertising, as posters, catalogs, and sales brochures, plus social media coverage. This can only be started when the venue has been confirmed and paid for.
- Make all necessary even try preparations for the event to occur. Design timeline, schedule of events throughout the week, and organizing event logistics
- Discussion of theme, style etc… to gain a thorough understanding of your expectations, vision and desired outcomes for the event
- Follow up with sponsors/partners providers as appropriate and confirm all details for confidence 3-2 weeks before the day of the event.
- Use and organize everything in Google Docs and
- After the event, the project manager should create and development a report about all the event
- Post-event evaluation (including data entry and analysis and producing reports for all the event).
- Additional duties as required, please make notes to added on the final self-evaluations of the event and JD.
- Be present in meetings for progress evaluation and after all is concluded the review and document improvements.
- Ensuring that everyone who is working as suppliers and partners has a contract of obligations, will work with our Contract advisor to ensure this task will be complete.
- Coordinating staffing requirements and staff briefings – when requested.
- Work together with the Human Resources to have the enough volunteers – when requested.
- (– when requested: means working very closely with the Project Manager as a share responsibility)
Commission break down Sponsorship
Old Sponsor 5%
New Sponsor 10%
Start Date: June 19, 2018.
How to Apply:
Send your resume to the email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the application on our website and check out the many possibilities you can have with us.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity