West End Seniors’ Network (Reception Volunteer at Barclay Manor)Organization Name: West End Seniors’ Network
Opportunity Title: Reception Volunteer at Barclay Manor
Category: Administration / Clerical / Office
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: January 10, 2022
End Date: January 1, 2023
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
To enhance the quality of life of older adults by providing social, recreational, educational, and supportive programs and services that foster connection and inclusion in the broader community.
This volunteering role provides reception duties for WESN staff, members and clients at Barclay Manor in the West End.
One shift a week of 4 hours. Either from 9am-1pm or 1pm-5pm during weekdays
Responsibilities & Duties:
The responsibilities and duties of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To log time spent volunteering using the Volunteer Hours Report Form.
- To answer and direct phone calls.
- To register members and clients for programming over the phone and in person.
- To greet and assist with WESN’s member, volunteers, and clients.
- To make reminder and cancellation calls to registered participants
- To issue and record annual WESN memberships.
- To assist program setup and attendance taking.
- To assist with newsletter sorting and bundling on a monthly basis.
- Shredding, filing, and photocopying, as required.
- To assist with other administrative tasks, as required.
- Positive, friendly, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Self starter, willing to use initiative and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and able to follow instructions closely.
- Good communication skills with ability to state needs and clarify questions with staff.
- Good organizational skills
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Strong phone skills, ability to operate a multiline phone
- Fluent and confident in written and spoken English
- Position training provided, as necessary.
- Learn office skills and be comfortable working in an office environment.
- Make a positive difference and contribute to the health and wellbeing of older adults in your community.
- Be invited to volunteer appreciation events.
- Upon request, a reference letter after 3 months of dedicated service.
Successful completition of a Criminal Record Check to volunteer with vulnerable adults.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions1447 barclay st
Other West End Seniors’ Network Volunteer Opportunities
Other Administration / Clerical / Office Volunteer Opportunities
Description: The Mood Disorders Society of Canada (MDSC) is looking for an organized self-starter to volunteer as an administrative research assistant …Read More