Canadian Cancer Society (Run Day Experience Lead – CIBC Run for the Cure Event)Organization Name: Canadian Cancer Society
Opportunity Title: Run Day Experience Lead – CIBC Run for the Cure Event
Category: Health / Medical
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: June 2, 2023
End Date: October 1, 2023
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
The Canadian Cancer Society CIBC Run for the Cure is a 5k or 1k walk or run. It is the largest single-day, volunteer-led event in Canada in support of the breast cancer cause.
This year’s event will be taking place on Sunday, October 1, 2023.
COMMITTEE MEMBER OVERVIEW
You are passionate about the breast cancer cause, well-connected in your community, and enjoy event planning. The ideal candidate for this volunteer role has a positive attitude, communication and interpersonal skills, and a strong sense of self-motivation and time management.
Knowledge and/or experience in any of the following responsibilities is considered an asset.
As the volunteer Run Day Experience Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Securing an EMCEE to host the event.
- Booking a stage, Audio Visual, power, and all other logistics needed to give an exciting event experience.
- Creating a run of show and execute on event day.
- Finalizing event day script and ensure all ceremonies are executed without issue.
- Overseeing set up and teardown for stage and all other experience-related areas.
- This is a 6-month commitment (May through October).
- Attending local committee meetings (generally bi-weekly to monthly).
- Independent role work/responsibilities (approx. 2-4 hours per month, with increased workload August & September).
- Must be available over the event weekend (September 30 & October 1).
Join the CIBC Run for the Cure today and help make a real difference for all Canadians impacted by breast cancer.
Must be 18+ to apply and complete the Canadian Cancer Society code of conduct.
Register here: http://www.cancervolunteer.ca