This volunteer opportunity has expired!
Providence Health Care – St. Vincent’s Langara site (Visiting Volunteers)Organization Name: Providence Health Care – St. Vincent’s Langara site
Opportunity Title: Visiting Volunteers
Category: Health / Medical
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: April 15, 2019
End Date: April 15, 2020
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
Visiting volunteers coming once a week to visit with one or more residents who live in our facility. The visiting is mainly having a chat with the resident but may involve playing games, reading books or going for walks around the facility (depending on the residents interests).
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Sincere desire to interact with Elders.
- Willingness to spend time with people who maybe very forgetful or have limited abilities to speak
- Caring, compassionate and patient personality.
- Responsible, reliable and committed to the program.
Ability to speak another language such as Cantonese or Punjabi is an assist but not necessary.
- An opportunity to interact with elders in a health care setting that specializes in serving elders.
- Opportunity to interact with health care staff.
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the residents and make new friends.
- Criminal Records Review Required
Get Directions255 West 62nd Avenue Vancouver BC V5X 4V4
Other Providence Health Care – St. Vincent’s Langara site Volunteer Opportunities
Other Health / Medical Volunteer Opportunities
Description: St. Vincent’s: Brock Fahrni is home to 148 seniors. We provide care for seniors who require a broad range of medical and personal support to cope with the activities of daily living. Some of …Read More