Ovarian Cancer Canada (Walk of Hope Vancouver Volunteer)Organization Name: Ovarian Cancer Canada
Opportunity Title: Walk of Hope Vancouver Volunteer
Category: Health / Medical
Commitment: One Day / Special Event
Start Date: September 11, 2022
End Date: September 11, 2022
- Appropriate for youth (i.e., less than 18)
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Family-oriented volunteering
- Appropriate for court-ordered volunteers
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of those affected by ovarian cancer?
Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers to support the 2022 Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope on September 11th. This annual event is the most powerful event of its kind in the country and is the only walk in Canada to direct all attention and fundraising towards helping people with ovarian cancer and those at risk to live fuller, better, longer lives. The Walk is family friendly event taking place in communities large and small across Canada and virtually. This event rallies communities together to support those who have been affected by ovarian cancer and make a difference.
Volunteers are essential to this event, and we need your help! Help create a safe and welcoming community of support for all participants – there are plenty of ways to get involved. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Building local relationships by securing sponsorships and in-kind donations
- Supporting local event logistics
- Using social media to build excitement in your community
- Leading on-site activations (accepting donations, completing registrations, ensuring participants know where and how to get involved)
Let’s work together to enact meaningful change and help women everywhere. Together, we can pave the way for a brighter future. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and location.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity