SUCCESS Hillside Gardens Day CampOrganization Type: Development & Housing
Address: 7434 Kingsway, Burnaby, British Columbia V3N3B7
Contact: Teresa Huang
Title: Volunteer Summer Camp Assistant
Nature: Work closely with Summer Camp Leader and Co-Leader to provide a safe and fun environment at the Summer Day Camp being delivered at a family-oriented social housing complex. Excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience working with children aged 6-12.
- Assist with supervision of summer camp participants.
- Interact and engage with participants during sport/art/educational activities.
- Assist staff with daily set-up, activity preparation, and clean-up.
- Accompany summer camp staff and participants on field trips.
- Provide input into and feedback on camp activities.
- Applicants must be above the age of 15. (University students preferred).
- Experience in working with school aged children in a camp/group setting an asset.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and creative.
- Mature, responsible, and reliable.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in English; ability to speak an additional language is an asset.
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Reference Check required.
- First Aid and CPR training preferred but not a requirement.
- Minimum commitment of 36 hours (6 shifts); regular availability throughout camp dates preferred.
- Must attend volunteer orientation – Date and time TBA.
- Shifts: Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays from July 3rd –August 6th, 2019.
- Hours from 9:30am-3:30pm.
- Additional shifts may be available for special events and/or field trips.
If interested in this volunteer position, please send a cover letter and your resume to Teresa Huang (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jenica Kang (email@example.com) by June 21st, 2019.
SUCCESS Hillside Gardens Day Camp’s Volunteer Opportunities
Contact SUCCESS Hillside Gardens Day Camp
Get Directions7434 Kingsway, Burnaby, British Columbia V3N3B7