Canadian Red Cross (Health Equipment Loan Client Services)Organization Name: Canadian Red Cross
Opportunity Title: Health Equipment Loan Client Services
Category: Social and Community Service
Commitment: 6 months to 1 year
Start Date: March 15, 2018
End Date: September 27, 2024
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? Are you a friendly, outgoing person who enjoys meeting new people every day? Do you want to help the Canadian Red Cross help vulnerable people by providing much needed support to those who need it the most?
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a Client Services Volunteer for the Health Equipment Loan Program.
Reporting to the Team Lead this position provides direct support to in-person and telephone inquiries from the public with a primary responsibility to provide loans and accept returns of health equipment. This short term loan service offers mobility, independence and safety to seniors and those recovering from illness or surgery in their own homes.
- Service to clients including customer service to those picking up or returning equipment, responding to phone and in person inquires, assisting with referrals
- Administrative support including record keeping, telephone follow-up, general office duties
- Accepting and receipting of financial donations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including handling interactions with the general public, clients and colleagues
- This position requires a satisfactory Canadian vulnerable sector criminal record check
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English, including telephone etiquette
- Ability to work independently and as part of an effective team
- Dependable and able to effectively execute assigned tasks in a high pressure environment
- Strong computer skills, with working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, and inventory databases
- Demonstrated ability to listen and empathize with clients concerning their personal and/or health-related issues
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs
- This is an ongoing position and a minimum six-month commitment is desired
- Successful volunteers will receive training and support in order to be successful, maintain a safe work environment and provide excellent service to help those in need of this vital service
- We are currently seeking volunteers available to fill one or more shifts per week. Shifts are 9:30 am – 1:00 pm or 12:30-4:00 on weekdays (Monday – Friday).
Apply now to join our local Red Cross team and become a part of the world’s largest humanitarian organization, and one of our 13 million volunteer across the world.
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested parties may submit their applications and resumes to:
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions209 W 6th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5Y 1K7
Other Canadian Red Cross Volunteer Opportunities
Category: Administration / Clerical / Office
Description: Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? Are you a friendly, outgoing person who enjoys meeting new people every day? Do you want to help the Canadian Red Cross help vulnerable …Read More
Other Social and Community Service Volunteer Opportunities
Description: Description Plaza Coordinators support the recruitment of new talent by working closely with Human Resources to recruit, interview, and select all professionals for each proposed activity …Read More
Description: Volunteer Opportunities Howe Sound Rehabilitation Services Society Our History Howe Sound Rehabilitation Services Society first opened its doors in 1988 in North Vancouver with the …Read More
Description: Are you looking for meaningful volunteer work? Do you like to be of service to people? Why not consider volunteering at the Labyrinth at St. Paul’s Church in the West End? The …Read More