Trout Lake Community Centre Association (Child Care Advisor for Trout Lake Community Centre Association (TLCCA))Organization Name: Trout Lake Community Centre Association
Opportunity Title: Child Care Advisor for Trout Lake Community Centre Association (TLCCA)
Category: Children & Youth
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: February 1, 2023
End Date: January 1, 2025
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
About Trout Lake Community Centre Association (TLCCA)
Vancouver is one of few cities that offer recreation programming via partnerships with volunteer-driven not-for-profit societies.
Led by an elected volunteer Board of Directors, Trout Lake Community Centre Association (TLCCA) is the charity that has been working behind the scenes here since 1956!
The first centre on this site opened in 1964 and was known as Grandview Community Centre. It was built thanks to active community pressure, and with most of the necessary funds raised locally. TLCCA also advocated passionately for and contributed financially to the construction of our current stunning building.
TLCCA’s main role is to ensure that the community is reflected in, and benefits from, the activities at the Centre. See the Mission + Goals tab for more details about our commitment to the community.
Location: East Vancouver, BC (Commercial & Victoria)
Position: Volunteer (unpaid) Childcare Consultant
About the Position
The Trout Lake Community Centre Association is looking for an advisor and possibly an advisory committee to help inform the Board of Directors and aid decision-making regarding child care provision.
- Provide information on Government funding to improve access to child care services, including access to the Child Care Operating Fund, New Spaces Fund, and Child Care Fee Reduction Initiative
- Provide information on how to improve early childhood programs with the Community Centre
- Participate in city-wide and Provincial initiatives where possible
- Identify potential partners for delivery of enhanced child care services with the Community Centre
- Develop a 1- to 3-year strategy for improvement of child care services
- Experience in managing or administering an licensed child care facility
- Knowledge and experience with current Child Care Regulations
- Experience with provincial funding programs such as the Child Care Operating Fund, Child Care Fee Reduction Initiative
Expected commitment: Approximately 10 hours per month (or more if desired) for one to two years.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply ASAP by submitting a resume and brief description of interest to email@example.com. Selected candidates will be notified on an ongoing basis beginning January 2023.
The Trout Lake Community Centre Association (TLCCA) encourages all community members of diverse backgrounds/interests to join TLCCA committees. All applications from individuals in good standing will be promptly reviewed and considered.