Vancouver Pride Society (Volunteer with Vancouver Pride!)Organization Name: Vancouver Pride Society
Opportunity Title: Volunteer with Vancouver Pride!
Category: Special Events / Festivals
Commitment: Less than 6 months, Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year), One Day / Special Event
Start Date: May 22, 2019
End Date: August 1, 2019
- Appropriate for youth (i.e., less than 18)
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Family-oriented volunteering
- Training or orientation required
Volunteers are an essential part of making the magic of Pride happen, and we are continually looking for volunteers to fill a number of positions throughout the Pride season. Be part of Pride this year, and volunteer at all of your favourite Pride events! From East Side Pride to the Annual Pride Parade, we need your help to build a more tolerant and inclusive Vancouver for all people!
Pride Volunteer Opportunities
Here are just a few examples of volunteer roles that we have available for the 2019 Pride season!
East Side Pride, Picnic in the Park, Pride Parade and much more!
- Event Set up Crew: Are you a morning person? Help us set up our amazing events!
- Event Tear Down Crew: Do you prefer evenings? We always need help tearing down the event!
- Event Volunteers: Help with volunteer registration, greeting, answering questions etc!
- Fun Zone Volunteer: Play games, create buttons, and colour with the children!
- Social Media Coordinator: Roam and interact with participants at the events to keep our social media accounts lively and active!
- Staging Area Marshal: Help entries park their floats before the parade!
- Parade Route Marshal: Help floats along the Parade Route!
- Flag Bearers/Pace Makers: Carry the Rainbow Flag proudly and help set the pace for Parade entries!
- Green Crew: Keep our Parade Green, help people get recycling to our recycling stations!
- Dispersal Area Marshal: Help floats get their parade decorations tied down and ready to get back on the road!
- Accessibility Services: Help seniors and people with disabilities enjoy the parade!
- MC Assistant: Keep our 3 Parade MCs going on while they describe Parade entries for three hours (they’ll sure need water)!
- Traffic Control: Keep people off the streets and on the sidewalks!
Are you a Leader?
The Vancouver Pride Society is looking for volunteers, who have experience on Pride event sites, to join us in a leadership role as a Parade and Sunset Beach Captain.
For More information on leadership roles, please contact our office 604-687-0955 or email us at email@example.com
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions304-1080 Howe St
Other Vancouver Pride Society Volunteer Opportunities
Other Special Events / Festivals Volunteer Opportunities
Description: The Front of House Volunteer assists with the Front of House duties at VIFF’s Vancity Theatre. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, ushering, scanning tickets, managing …Read More
Description: Call for Front-of-House Volunteers! Do you love the theatre and want to immerse yourself in a fun-filled, musical environment? Join the TUTS team! Theatre Under the Stars Musical Society …Read More
Description: The Bicycle Trek for Life & Breath is a fundraising event hosted by the BC Lung Association. Hundreds of participants will embark on the ride of their life for a 200km route through the …Read More
Description: The Downtown Vancouver Business Improvement Association (DVBIA) is seeking friendly and fun volunteers to assist in holding events during lunchtime in public plazas in downtown …Read More
Description: Do you have a passion for the arts? Want to make connections with like-minded arts-lovers and support our local art community? Join the Vancouver Outsider Arts Festival as a festival …Read More